Body Paint shop West Mids

Hi,

I am new to the forum having only just bought a US import TR6 that needs repaint and full rebuild. I was always very scepticle of cars advertised as rust free, however I have found a genuine California rust free car, having previuosly restored a very rusty 71 UK car I do know how TR's rot. This car is so good it even has factory paint still on the rear sections of the chassis!

It is of course LHD but I think I am going to leave it that way, drivers side panel fit is excellent passenger side is not quite so perfect and could do with the wings and door correctly aligned. Which brings me round to my first question, does anyone know of a really good body shop in the West Mids? I live in Sutton Coldfield so the nearer to home the better, but more important to me is finding a shop that really knows what they are doing aligning TR panels and can do a first class paint job.

I would very much appreciate any feedback.

Kevin

Kevin

A warm welcome to the Forum!

I have not personally used Jules Bodycraft, but have heard some good feedback. They also advertise in TR Action.

They are just north of Wolverhampton.

Here's a link Jules

Regards

Peter

Hi,

I am new to the forum having only just bought a US import TR6 that needs repaint and full rebuild. I was always very scepticle of cars advertised as rust free, however I have found a genuine California rust free car, having previuosly restored a very rusty 71 UK car I do know how TR's rot. This car is so good it even has factory paint still on the rear sections of the chassis!

It is of course LHD but I think I am going to leave it that way, drivers side panel fit is excellent passenger side is not quite so perfect and could do with the wings and door correctly aligned. Which brings me round to my first question, does anyone know of a really good body shop in the West Mids? I live in Sutton Coldfield so the nearer to home the better, but more important to me is finding a shop that really knows what they are doing aligning TR panels and can do a first class paint job.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I can't speak too highly about the job done on my 6 by Simon Andrews and his team at Worcester Classic Cars. I took it there 4 years ago, having had a look at the work they were doing and after hearing glowing references about their bodywork expertise. My 6 had 4 new wings and a complete respray in its original factory colour of mallard. It is still admired 4 years and 18,000 miles later because the finish and panel fit are outstanding. Worcester Classic Cars is an approved TR Register supplier, located at Spetchley, Nr Worcester, WR7 4QP. (See ads in TRAction). You should give Simon a call (01905 345805). I am sure you will find him very helpful.

Jim

Hi,

Kevin

Peter,

Thank you for the recommendation, I have heard of Jules but had forgotten about them. I called them earlier this morning and they do sound highly competent. Any company doing work for CMC at Bridgenorth must be amongst the best in the business. I will make a trip out to them in the next week or two to see for myself.

As the body and chassis are so good on this car I don't intent to split them, however I do want the underneath of the car well finished so I will strip to bare shell and chassis. Jules are able to collect the car with body dollies to load it on thier trailer which is a huge benefit.

Cheers,

Kevin

Jim,

Thank yo also for this recommendation, geographically a bit more challenging for me, I like to be able to visit frequently to monitor progress, photograph and generally assure myself I will get a quality job.

But I will visit them to see for myself if I cannot locate a company nearer.

Best regards,

Kevin

HI IF YOU CANT MAKE UP YOUR MIND ITS WORTH THE TRIP GO TO MECHSPRAY ROCHESTER KENT MASTERS OF PAINT THEY DID MINE AND A LOT OF FRIENDS NICE GUYS SE MY CAR ON FORUM TR6 327 I CAN ARRANGE TRAILER PICK UP & DROP OF IF REQ I AM ONLY A CUSTOMER REGARDS KEL