TR7 in film & television

You may have noticed in the 'cars reunited' forum that the Professionals and Avengers TR7 FHCs are being discussed.  No one has come forward yet to say they know where they are now.

I'm planning to bring the films/TV thing up in my TRaction report to see I can get some more information.  Do any of you forum-ites know of any other cars?

I already know about the one used as Santa's flying sleigh in Disney's The Ultimate Christmas Present BTW!!

Malcolm.

The professionals:

tr7.jpg

New avengers:

purdeykit1.gif

Malcolm,

Have a look at this web site.

http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index.htm?ftvnewavengersf.htm

If you click on TR7 in thr Purdey section it shows a pic of OOM 721R in the top left of the screen and also lower down there is a pic of a red TR7 used by Gambit in the series.

On the same website is another pic of the Professionals TR7.

Regards

Graeme

Guest stagman
On the same subject and same manufacturer but diferent model, does anyone remember a TV show called Hazel from the seventies/eighties. I think the bloke was called {and funnily enough probably still is} Nicholas Ball. Just curious to know what happened to his green Stag.
There was also a white TR7 used in a British private detective show. It was based in England & starred a guy with white hair. Can't remember the name of the show though, will think about it.
Guest tr7 turbo
I remember Hazel,and at the time the Stag was my favourite car,the scripts were written by Terry Venables the football manager who became chief coach for England.Another bit of useless information.
Guest stegmenzies
There was a TR7 in the film Romancing the Stone with Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner. At the beginning of the film Ms. Turner's sister in kidnapped by a little fella driving an AC Cobra as he speeds away he almost collides with a TR7 - In Columbia!(more likely filmed in California I would guess) What are the chances of that! With ref. to the detective show in the 70's featuring a 7 - i think the guy was a solicitor/lawyer type of thing and has featured before on the forum but I have fogotten the name of the program.
Guest stegmenzies
Just remembered! I think the 70's show was called The Main Chance with John Stride as David Main with Kate O'Mara as his wife. He was a lawyerThe show started in '69 and ran for years (6 or 7)on ITV so I think it was possibly the last series before David got a TR7. I don't remember but I do know the character was mad about the latest technology and gadgets so it would make sense he would have a TR7 then!!!! The only doubt about this is that it must have been a very early car - possibly pre-production as I'm sure the series finished in early 1976. His secretary was some posh 'Lady Summit-or-other' who used tohelp him on cases. However I might have the complete wrong series here!

What about the Wilde Alliance (Yorks TV 1978).  A light mystery/thriller series devised by Ian MacKintosh who also created the spy series The Sandbaggers (for Yorkshire Television). Successful crime writer Rupert Wilde could not help investigating mysterious circumstances and his long-suffering wife Amy, who acted as both his secretary and housekeeper, would also get drawn into events. The couple lived in an apartment in a large house within the shadow of York Minster and Rupert drove a blue Triumph TR7.

John Stride played Rupert Wilde so this may be the one you are thinking of?  Possibly not though as his wife was played by Julia Foster.

Malcolm.

Lucy Ewing had a silver TR7 in Dallas.

Our Rover 820 engined TR7 appeared in some episodes of Coronation Street a few years ago.

We also lent a Red DHC to a TV company for a programme called the Sharp End with Gwen Taylor.

Steve @ S&S Preparations

Just remembered that there was a TR7 FHC in an episode of ChiPs.It was used to tow a trailer/ramp for a bike to jump from.

Did you know that at the time of Hazel,Nicholas Ball was married to a then unknown actress called Pamela Stephenson.

Am I sad or what.

Steve @ S&S

Guest stegmenzies
Yes! malcolm is correct I just remembered John Stride and the shows were round the same time so I was totally wrong although I suppose I was partly right in getting the correct actor! Close but no cigar!

I shouldn't admit to knowing about this film as its a bit sad (and not in the weepie sense!) but i saw a film called 'Cousins' with Isabella Rossilini and i think Ted Danson in. At the start there are some decent shots of a brooklands green (IIRC) DHC.

I love watching car scenes from american film and television to spot the british cars hiding in the background. Obviously you see loads of MGB's but I have spotted a number of TR4's 6 & 7's even the odd stag.

R