No doubt some of you will have heard the story of the lucky scouse fireman Kev who bought a rather good one owner 76 TR7 for £1. Well I have now become the proud (and rather excited) owner of this car for the sum of....well lets just say it was more than a pound! I have not collected the car yet - but it will be sooner rather than later - and I look forward to sharing pictures of it with you all as well as my experiences.

This car is the 7 I dreamt of as a 10 year old, it was sold from the same dealer where my dad took me on 19-5-76 to see the 'new' Triumph sports car. I sat in a car identical to this one (except perhaps it didnt have a 5 speed box) in the Heron showroom on Edge Lane in Liverpool, and recieved a shiny TR7 brochure from the sales man - Im sure he wasn't expecting a sale! It took me 12 years to own my first TR and I've owned many over the years, including - as mentioned in another thread SJW526S - one of the factory built sprint engined 'Press cars'.

This is the best TR7 I have seen since they stopped making them and i am extremely happy to own it. I hope i can provide it with the care it deserves.

Im not sure about making it to kent - not that i dont have faith, the last outing i made in a TR7 was a day trip from Warrington to Snetterton race circuit in Norfolk borowing a friends DHC about 5 years ago - i just dont know what my availability for shows will be this summer.I am expecting to make it to some at local venues but will have to see on the longer distance ones.

As for driving this baby - I wholeheartedly agree that they are for using and thats what i intend to do. I love driving TR7's and havent had much of it in the last few year......... so just try and stop me!

R

Guest stagman

Ello rog ya big stud muffin. Glad you are finally back behind the wheels of your all time four tissue fantasy car.  :P

How long before it sports an extra 8 valves but without the extra four pistons?

OK Guys here are just a few pix of the car to whet your appetite.

http://www.stanwax.plus.com/cars/tr7index.htm

The pictures may be a little slow loading - they are not big, its my isp that is having probs with webspace servers at the mo, hopefully it will pass soon.

As for the extra valves.......well it may just gets some more - but I think i need to actually get my hands on the car first!

Guest stagman

well Dr Bob, it looks like its back to the old days of Tyffy and Britvic but with TRs instead of Stags.

Im off to the postie now to get some rent for my shed so I can go an test drive the V8 beastie in anger.

Whooooppppeeeee.

By the way Rog, don't cheat on them valves by incorporating them in the Radio.   :P