Poly Steering Rack Mounts

Dear All,

Having rebushed the front suspension (superpro poly) and fitted alloy rack mounts earlier in the summer I'm pleased to say it has sharpened up the handling of my 6 very well. Replacing the uprights and trunnions also lightened the steering consderably as the old ones were (frighteningly) badly worn and binding on the threads - well worth checking if yours have been neglected and the steering is getting heavy. I'm surprised how light it is with all components functioning correctly!

Anyway, the addition of the solid rack mounts has sharpened the steering too much for my liking so I'm thinking of reverting to standard rubber or more likely polyurethane to get back a bit of 'feel' (actually I guess I'm looking to remove a bit of 'feel' which is unusual!) - this is where my question arises... If I fit the poly type do they need to be compressed as with the rubber ones during fitting?

Indeed any opinions on the virtues of poly vs rubber in this area welcome. Not sure there will be a huge difference but the ground is getting cold so I'd rather just do it one more time!

Thanks,

Ben