TR7 Sprint handbook

Guest tr7 turbo

Guest tr7 turbo
Recently on ebay an handbook for the TR7 Sprint sold for an astronomical sum,probably because people think they are as rare as the cars.The truth is that BL had 5000 of the handbooks printed,hoping they would be building a lot of the cars,as it turned out around 65 cars were produced so the extra handbooks were sold off by the factory and turn up at autojumbles on a regular basis,in fact I had no trouble at all obtaining them for each of the genuine TR7 Sprints that I now own.They differ from the normal TR7 one in that the covers are green for TR7 and pink for the Sprint they are almost identical inside apart from the part dealing with engine spec.I found it more difficult finding the labels that go inside the bonnet and glovebox.One day I may write a book containing all this useless information.

There is a Sprint cylinder head complete with 'warm' cam for sale on ebay, do you think it's possible to fit it to a standard engine without too much hassle?

Any other 'gotchas' applicable to this possible madness I am contemplating?

:rock:

Guest stagman

Tr7 Turbo.

Of all your factory sprint models, I don't suppose one of them is registered 526 is it? I collected this car back in 94/95 ish from Wirral with a friend who was planning to restore it but other work commitments took priority and it was sold on as a complete car in about 99 for next to nothing. We are both curious to know if it survived.

Guest tr7 turbo
I dont own 526 but it is still in the same condition as it was when you sold it.Mine are 530 and 545,530 the ex Tony Pond pace note car that is in the middle of a full restoration and the other one is in poor condition.The best one I have ever seen is the one rebuilt by John Gibson it looks stunning,if mine turns out any where near I will be very pleased.I also have a very late TR7 FHC(10th from last FHC built) fitted with a sprint conversion and it goes very well.