Winter Hibernation

As soon as our group have completed The Witches Run at the end of October I shall reverse my 6 into its warm garage and jack her up and place wooden blocks under the chassis to support her for 2-3 months, enabling me to get underneath and do my usual winter time jobs, etc.

My chassis is normal for the TR6 but what I would appreciate is advice on where best to place the wooden blocks in order so as to not place any unnecessary strain on any particular section of the chassis.

Regards in advance :rolleyes:

i place my stands/blocks on the frame closest to wherever the weight is borne normally when the car is on the ground. ie, just inboard of the front wheels where the suspension is attached and just inboard for the rear coil springs (on the frame rail). i have been doing it this way for years with no adverse effects and even with the car totally off the ground i can still open and close the doors like normal.

c74

Hi Richard,

Best place for blocks is in a corner of the garage where they won't obstruct free access for taking the car out for regular exercise during the winter - see this thread ;)

Don't worry about the salt on the road - there's plenty in the air down there as I discovered when my Spitfire dissolved before my very eyes during a few winter months in Dover. :lol: