Battery Type For SD1 V8

Hi Steve,

nowhere near big enough ! You need the biggest battery you can fit, preferably in the boot - you can fit a larger battery in the boot for a start, and the extra weight helps keep the rear end down. Obviously you then need hefty cabling rear to front . . . Your local motor factor should be the best source for a good quality heavy duty battery at a reasonable price, minimum 65A and preferably bigger - turning over the V8 filled with 20/50 on a cold morning is one big current draw.

Cheers,

Alec

I have a 119 AH, 550 CCA battery, in the boot of the 4.6L TR8. I did have a 440 CCA , but it struggled in winter, if it had not been used for even a week.

As an economy measure, the 8 now shares it's battery with my 69 HP diesel tractor, as I've found that, surprisingly, I rarely drive them at the same time, or even the same day.