Eurosport/Rimmers TR40

Does anyone remember the TR40 conversion?  It was kit produced by a company called Eurosport and I'm sure it was sold by Rimmer Bros.  I have found a picture that might jog the memory:

TR40_Tony.jpg

If any of you know of an owner please can you contact me.  I've had an enquiry from an owner of such a conversion and I can't say I've seen one for a very long time!

Malcolm.

:( Not much help now but there was one on Ebay about 6months ago - from recollection I don't think it had had a bid on it with about 1hr to go!  Not surprised really it looked terrible.

There's a couple of pics on my site TriumphTR7.com which I 'borrowed'... I did use the 'contact seller' option but heard nothing back.

You are right in saying it was sold by Rimmer Bros - I have their catalogue with it in.  There were two versions... one each for the FHC and DHC with Rimmers showing the kits, fitted, in yellow and white.  The latter looked v.nasty indeed though I don't recall if that was the DHC or FHC.

Guest linus23

Saw one on the roads near Bedford once, not seen it again.

It's still in the Rimmers catalog (it's in the copy I've got anyway.)

Thought about it, but if I wanted to do a special bodykit/replica conversion I'd get a Banham kit (www.banmoco.com) and make an MG Maestro into an RS200.

Guest john-egerton

Malcolm

Kyle & I know of one of these TR40s in Bangor, N. Ireland. We have a series of pics and are intending to put it on the WaringstownTR7s.co.uk website very soon.....

I'll see if I can get it done in the next few days & will get back to you.

John

• 15 years later...
19 hours ago, Wilfried bex said:

I have a complete kit , i bougt it at rimmer & bross . It was never mounted , it stil sits in my storage ...

I'm a great believer that we should not tell others what to do with their cars, so good luck to anyone who goes down this road. I won't personally be bidding for the kit, but I wouldn't want to put people off, and I would be interested in seeing the final result.

7 hours ago, Melcoagain said:

Blimmey, a thread from 2004 and it starts "does anyone remember".

I almost dropped when I saw the WaringstownTR7s.co.uk website, then realised how old the thread actually is. I've been trying to locate them for ages but they seemed to have dropped off the radar.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...