my tr6 327 v8 nearly finished

hI GUYS

I MIGHT BE TOYING AROUND WITH TR3 REAR OVERIDERS ON THE FRONT & BACK OVER EXSISTING BUMPER HOLES , WITH 2X2 BOX TUBE TO GIVE DISTANCE FROM THE CAR THEY HAVE NO CUT OUT FOR BUMPER SO THEY ARE EVEN SHAPED . HAS ANY ONE GOT 1 OR 2 PAIRS THAT NEED RE CROMING I WILL HAVE TO WELD THE 2X2 SPACER , SO THE CROME WILL NEED RE-DOING I INTEND TO PAY FOR THEM !!!!! NO DENTS PLEASE REGARDS KEL

Kel,

Have you thought of these babys

https://www.europaspares.com/COBRA_SPARES/B..._REAR_2382.html

Cheers

Guy

Guest Wayne S

Whoaaaa!!!! I only just came across this thread!!!

Kel i'm stunned by your car, its awesome ... a TR6 with TR7 rear lights hahahaha I LOVE IT :lol: plus the interior, modern switches all that stuff fantastic!

Don't listen to the haters or the critics and be proud of that beast. That has to be one the most "pimped" TRs ever and its right up my street. Really individual, customised and coool and even better it upsets the purists just like the big bum on my Grinnall :P

If this really is the way the register is going or whatever the waffle was about?!?! :( then bring it on!!!! "i'm in" as they say on dragons den!! ;)

More than enough original 6's left around for people to waffle on about CP numbers and chrome wires. If there were more TRs like this car - shows in fields would be sooo much more interesting :lol:

Keep us posted, i'm sure you will!

Edited by Wayne S
Whoaaaa!!!! I only just came across this thread!!!

Kel i'm stunned by your car, its awesome ... a TR6 with TR7 rear lights hahahaha I LOVE IT :lol: plus the interior, modern switches all that stuff fantastic!

Don't listen to the haters or the critics and be proud of that beast. That has to be one the most "pimped" TRs ever and its right up my street. Really individual, customised and coool and even better it upsets the purists just like the big bum on my Grinnall :P

If this really is the way the register is going or whatever the waffle was about?!?! :( then bring it on!!!! "i'm in" as they say on dragons den!! ;)

More than enough original 6's left around for people to waffle on about CP numbers and chrome wires. If there were more TRs like this car - shows in fields would be sooo much more interesting :lol:

Keep us posted, i'm sure you will!

Hi wayne thanks 4 the the good comments there does not seem to be as much opposition to my car as i thought it would, so it seems that i have pimped my ride as the 6th generation TR, now thats made it harder to choose wheels in case i get it wrong!!!!

...there does not seem to be as much opposition to my car as i thought it would, so it seems that i have pimped my ride as the 6th generation TR

I suspect the reason there aren't many sqeals of protest or howls of derision is that the TR6 is far more readily available and generally at quite reasonable prices compared with the earlier cars. Try doing what you have done to an earlier car and you'd probably need a bunker. :lol:

Hi wayne thanks 4 the the good comments there does not seem to be as much opposition to my car as i thought it would, so it seems that i have pimped my ride as the 6th generation TR, now thats made it harder to choose wheels in case i get it wrong!!!!

Hi Kelvin,

Like Wayne, I've only just picked up this thread although you have previously updated me. As it will obviously be pretty quick, looks so white and so smart, it occurred to me that if by any chance there are weekends when you're not taking it to Shows, (not much chance if you and Bill get together!), you could hire it out (with you driving of course) to either Brides or Bridegrooms who have a'get me to the church on time' problem - what a way to arrive at the church!

I'll have to carry out my long standing threat and come over to see Bill, yourself and the car!

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Kelvin,

Like Wayne, I've only just picked up this thread although you have previously updated me. As it will obviously be pretty quick, looks so white and so smart, it occurred to me that if by any chance there are weekends when you're not taking it to Shows, (not much chance if you and Bill get together!), you could hire it out (with you driving of course) to either Brides or Bridegrooms who have a'get me to the church on time' problem - what a way to arrive at the church!

I'll have to carry out my long standing threat and come over to see Bill, yourself and the car!

Cheers

Geoff

your always welcome regards kel

• 2 weeks later...

HI guy thanks for the reference they look about right a good possibility thanks regards kel

I HAVE NOW FITTED REAR TR3 BUMPERS SIDEWAYS AS 1\2 BUMPERS FRONT AND BACK SCRIBED INTO BODYWORK LOOKING GOOD -------------TRYING TO UPLOAD PICS KEL

I HAVE NOW FITTED REAR TR3 BUMPERS SIDEWAYS AS 1\2 BUMPERS FRONT AND BACK SCRIBED INTO BODYWORK LOOKING GOOD -------------TRYING TO UPLOAD PICS KEL

Kel,

This is the best i can do, there must be problems with Msn E mail Photos.

post-3635-125684794658_thumb.jpgpost-3635-125684789434_thumb.jpgpost-3635-125684791198_thumb.jpgpost-3635-125684793228_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Guy

post-3635-125684789434_thumb.jpg

post-3635-125684791198_thumb.jpg

post-3635-125684793228_thumb.jpg

post-3635-125684794658_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jersey Royal

That looks amazing. Getting to be too good to drive...

I'd never dare run a bumperless car or one with the bumperettes sitting agin the body, be constantly nervous of parking zonks.

I prefer to be the one dishing it out, with the galvanised bumpers on my Landy. tongue.gif

Ivor