my tr6 327 v8 nearly finished

I don't think any of the comments here are overly harsh.

You should see the open abuse and hostility I've been on the recieving end of from the polishers in another place for putting Wolfrace slots on my Vitesse convertible. :mellow:

Hi kel,

I notice that you have done away with the steering wheel/column altogether - how do you get her around corners :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Roger

Stick the appropriate arm out and rely on aerodynamic drag. ;)

I lean over the way i want to go i dont know why car makers have not invented this yet it was so easy to set up just remove the steering wheel , but i suppose all the best invetions were simple regards kel

I don't think any of the comments here are overly harsh.

You should see the open abuse and hostility I've been on the recieving end of from the polishers in another place for putting Wolfrace slots on my Vitesse convertible. :mellow:

IAN you must do as you please its your car i had a vitese 2 ltr as my bird pulling loved it did the trick regards kel

Hi Andy,

I used to drive a colleague's Vitesse, G-reg, with Wolfie Slots - that would have been 1973 I think, which makes them 'period' enough to my way of thinking. Can't recall the rim width, but it was the widest wheel/tyre combination we could get without flaring the arches, and the steering lock had to be reduced a tad to avoid contact. Improved the handling no end . . . . Mind you, we got nicked on the A23 at a supposed 115mph or thereabouts, the incredulous bobby accepted our assurances that it wasn't a tuned engine and that he had a dodgy speedo. Slightly naughty, the engine wasn't tuned, but it was a TR5PI lump in standard trim - thankfully he didn't look under the bonnet !

Cheers,

Alec

Very nice - but loose the headlight covers ;)

What are the rear light off? TR7?

hi your the 1st to coment on head lights yes they are tr7 lights on the back with the metal outer rim cut from tr7 & welded on to form a nice shape kel

hi your the 1st to coment on head lights yes they are tr7 lights on the back with the metal outer rim cut from tr7 & welded on to form a nice shape kel
Cool - my nerdy awareness is still intact.

Up to my armpits stripping pain from my 4 engine bay at the mo - guk!

• 2 weeks later...

Started her up today sounding great , dash ready for fixing screws , prob with indicators they flash faster on one side & very slow to flash on other side !!!!!!!!!! any one fitting L E D stuff the wires only go one way not like bulbs it took me weeks to find that out !!!!! fitting seats t morrow ,if a friend comes to help me find indicator fault with his multimeters!!!!! then all i have to do is fit mohair roof & need to find some crome bling wheels poss fatter wheels on the back then design some tube type bumpers body colour then i can turn her loose !!!

regards kel

Started her up today sounding great , dash ready for fixing screws , prob with indicators they flash faster on one side & very slow to flash on other side !!!!!!!!!! any one fitting L E D stuff the wires only go one way not like bulbs it took me weeks to find that out !!!!! fitting seats t morrow ,if a friend comes to help me find indicator fault with his multimeters!!!!! then all i have to do is fit mohair roof & need to find some crome bling wheels poss fatter wheels on the back then design some tube type bumpers body colour then i can turn her loose !!!

Kel, try Image wheels,they have some nice stuff,maybe a bit expensive but nice.

Hi nial good to hear from you how are you keeping car ok !!!! i have my eyes on some immage wheels they are in the catalouge with the middles painted yellow , im looking to change them to my car body colour!!!!!! i want to look around a bit more 1st seems to be a lot more car shows in eire lately you boys must be buying them all up see you next year at malvern please can you pitch you tent a little bit more away from us kent group as your snorring was so loud i suppose your gona blame it on the ale !!!????? HAHA!! regards kel

Actually, just noticed that the car is in your back garden - I trust there is access to the front? :rolleyes:

I once knew of a chap who rebuilt a Ferret armoured car in his (albeit rather large) garden shed, but later realised that he had to do some extensive reworking to his (and his bemused neighbours) boundary fences to gain access to a road!

Regards

Peter

Edited by dykins

Super job Kel,will be even better with the new wheels ;) Think the front number plate might cause a few probs :o or is it on hinges :lol: What about a small moulded spoiler on the boot, often wondered what it would like.Love the colour scheme, the black stripes look really good on a white car,now where is my spray gun :lol::P:lol: BTW sorry about the snorring it was the wife not me :lol::lol::lol:

That looks great. If you can put a youtube post on - I bet we'd all love to see it in action.

I think the front end looks good without the bumper. I was toying with that idea on mine (when I painted it) to put (like an early 70's RS camaro) to highlight the middle grille section - but too easy not to do it. I always thought split bumpers front and back (like an old Corvette) on the 6 would make the car look even more like a brute but retain some chrome and the 70's look.

Anyway good work. I think you've done a nice job. You will surprise a lot of muscle cars at the lights as well.

I feel the need to go for a drive right now!!

cheers

Duncan

Looks great - any chance of a video on You Tube, so we can savour the sounds??

I bet Pilkie would like your numberplate!

Regards yes i thought that !! regards kel

Peter

That looks great. If you can put a youtube post on - I bet we'd all love to see it in action.

I think the front end looks good without the bumper. I was toying with that idea on mine (when I painted it) to put (like an early 70's RS camaro) to highlight the middle grille section - but too easy not to do it. I always thought split bumpers front and back (like an old Corvette) on the 6 would make the car look even more like a brute but retain some chrome and the 70's look.

Anyway good work. I think you've done a nice job. You will surprise a lot of muscle cars at the lights as well.

I feel the need to go for a drive right now!!

cheers hi My oroginal plan was to have 1\2 bumpers but lotus cortina ones are a mad cost xk120 was my next thought but they were to long toying with tubular ones body colour still not sure !!!!!!!1 kel

Duncan

Actually, just noticed that the car is in your back garden - I trust there is access to the front? :rolleyes:

I once knew of a chap who rebuilt a Ferret armoured car in his (albeit rather large) garden shed, but later realised that he had to do some extensive reworking to his (and his bemused neighbours) boundary fences to gain access to a road!

Regards

OHHH !!!!!!! I HAD BETTER GET MY TAPE MEASURE OUT kel

Peter

Looks great - any chance of a video on You Tube, so we can savour the sounds??

I bet Pilkie would like your numberplate!

Regards

good idea when its finished i will stick a microphone up my rear end ! should sound great , i sometimes just leave it running for the v8 burble

its strange at any car show as soon as i start my corvett up people seem to gravitate to the sound

once i stopped in the tunnel under goodwood race track its very tight i gave it plent of volume for about 3 minits when i emerged from the tunnel there was crowds of people clapping strange i think the theme that day at goodwood was breakfast morning "COOKED IN SIXTY SECONDS KEL

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

hI GUYS

I MIGHT BE TOYING AROUND WITH TR3 REAR OVERIDERS ON THE FRONT & BACK OVER EXSISTING BUMPER HOLES , WITH 2X2 BOX TUBE TO GIVE DISTANCE FROM THE CAR THEY HAVE NO CUT OUT FOR BUMPER SO THEY ARE EVEN SHAPED . HAS ANY ONE GOT 1 OR 2 PAIRS THAT NEED RE CROMING I WILL HAVE TO WELD THE 2X2 SPACER , SO THE CROME WILL NEED RE-DOING I INTEND TO PAY FOR THEM !!!!! NO DENTS PLEASE REGARDS KEL