my tr6 327 v8 nearly finished

I'm with you Ivor. If anyone has one in their garage that is offending their eye, I'll send you my shipping address. Really unique car and quite striking. There were two of them at the British Invasion, Stowe, VT in 2006, both had come down from Canada, newly restored and they looked a treat. This is one of them. Dang, it has alloy wheels with spinners.

DSCN1839.jpg

Stan its unusual to see them with alloys as they normally have the "Ace" wheel trims. A rare item to find these days and were also available for TRs.

Stuart.

Never mind the Dreamer, the Super Snipe next to it looks far more interesting . . . . any more pictures of that one Stan ? Same basic shape as my 2.6 ltre Series 1, but from the sideflash this ones a 3 litre S2 ?

Cheers,

Alec

Unfortunately I dont seem to have any detailed pictures of the Super Snipe, only where it was in the frame of something that I was interested in. I'll post the links rather than embed.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/fos...06/DSCN1775.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/fos...06/DSCN1776.jpg

Stan

So drifting slowly back to the car.

What are you running for a back end?

Is it an R200 or did you go solid axle?

hi its general motors diff retaining IRS kel

GM but retaining the IRS?

From what? New GTO? CTS?

You running custom CVs under there or did you keep the stock halfshafts and add spacers?

Oh and for the guy who thought chopping a TR6 was bad, this should really get you crying into your (probably warm) beer...

:lol:

post-7535-1248905471_thumb.jpg

Edited by alan atkinson

From what? New GTO? CTS?

You running custom CVs under there or did you keep the stock halfshafts and add spacers?

Oh and for the guy who thought chopping a TR6 was bad, this should really get you crying into your (probably warm) beer...

!? what is the lump?

Stuart

LS-1. GMs new gen aluminium V8.

Mated to a T56 6-speed, the combination is within 50 lbs of the stock engine/gearbox.

With a new cam, which this one is getting, it puts out over 400hp at the flywheel.

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack - back to the white 6. I'm still curious about the IRS at the back end.

Edited by alan atkinson
LS-1. GMs new gen aluminium V8.

Mated to a T56 6-speed, the combination is within 50 lbs of the stock engine/gearbox.

With a new cam, which this one is getting, it puts out over 400hp at the flywheel.

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack - back to the white 6. I'm still curious about the IRS at the back end.

Starship drive then! :blink:

Stuart.

From what? New GTO? CTS?

hi the diif is a 70s gm diff thats all i know it looks like shafts cut & welded kel

hi i smoked it around for a year before custonizing body no sign of probs even when taking on boy racers!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have had a look today at the hubs they look bigger than tr6 hubs so i asume someone has found some that fit from a usa car !!!!!

Hi i have had a look today at the hubs they look bigger than tr6 hubs so i asume someone has found some that fit from a usa car !!!!!

Any chance of a picture of these hubs KEL?....it's looking great so far..

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
Very impressive!

Kel, I know I'm being nosy, but I wonder why you decided not to convert it to RHD ?

Regards

Peter

Hi peter i was going to convert it to r\h drive , but due to the room left under bonnet i would have had to change so much , in anycase i like driving l\h drive & it does not bother me a bit as my corvette is a left hooker , so it comes easy to me + its good when driving thro France. i planned to take it this summer but i got carried away & went over the top as usual as i keep t hinking of things to do & just do them !!! regards kel