my tr6 327 v8 nearly finished

my rebuild is coming to the end now with slight customisation an excelent paint job by mechspray rochester kent great bunch of guys who care about ther work i hope the pics come out this time regards kel

fed up with trying to upload pics they just wont work for me tried p bucket tried resize .com cant do it regards kel

last try

Caramba. You have a fertile imagination. And attention to detail. Look forward to seeing it at IWE? In the current TRaction they were asking for unusual TR6 for the 40th anniversary ring event, yours would be a shoe-in. Contact the office.

You should be able to post Bucket photos of any size, the forum server will reduce them as necessary. Gently click the IMG code, Copy, flip back to your open forum post, and Paste.

Ivor

Caramba. You have a fertile imagination. And attention to detail. Look forward to seeing it at IWE? In the current TRaction they were asking for unusual TR6 for the 40th anniversary ring event, yours would be a shoe-in. Contact the office.

You should be able to post Bucket photos of any size, the forum server will reduce them as necessary. Gently click the IMG code, Copy, flip back to your open forum post, and Paste.

Ivor

hi 8v8 nice to meet u at bromley pagent im affraid the car wont be ready for malvern & my tr3 clutch bearing is getting very noisy i dont know if it will last the trip there and back so i mighthave to bring my corvette daytona looks mean sounds mean & thats just the wife haha!!! see my profile pic regards kel

ok jersy royal is going to put them on for me i have sent them to him -- so stand by regards kel

Chaps,

Am going to re upload kels photos

in different format, should make them bigger.

Currently photobucket is having a fit. Nowup for Site maintenance, photos look great

larger, plenty of detail.

Lot of work gone into this motor, well done Kel

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

WOW!! it would be nice if you could let us know how you overcame some of the problems - reducing the floor pans, weight & brake balance etc. - quite apart from how many horses and how fast it'll go.

hi guys

thanks to guy for uploading pics i can do things to cars but cant load pics!!!!!!

1st question no it is not perlesent paint the dolour is" vanilla shaker" mechspray did a great job as you can see like all there work .

it has a 327 corvette engine 5.3 ofenhouser head holly carb auto box with general motors diff still retaining i r s wih a lot of alteration back & front end. without showing to much. I bought this car from miami 18 months ago with the transmission already done i have bills for $30,000 on conversion + detailed report from a promenent auto enginer i smoked it around for a year , never had any probs then decided to custom body as paint was tired.

great performance stunning kick down and smooth when going with traffic perfect!!!!!!!!!

im just doing the leather trimming with carbon fibre dash & panels , and fitting smiths gauges magnolia great match.

im still waiting for the knockers ??????????but so far good comments i wish i could finish it for malvern , as this was my aim but these rebuilds go on & on regards kel more pics as work proceeds

Hi Kel,

Graham from the SOC - we bump into one another from time to time. Looks a lovely car, when do you think it will be on the road then?

whats soc !!!!sorry

im still waiting for the knockers ??????????but so far good comments i wish i could finish it for malvern , as this was my aim but these rebuilds go on & on regards kel more pics as work proceeds

Kel

I have a real problem with your car ................my problem is it is not parked in my garage :P Superb looking job, bet she goes like sh#t off a shovel

Alan

Yep thats a bad car and I dont mean that in any form of favourable mid 70's coloured American street savvy either......no it really is bad.. Dare I say it but this sums up just where the Register and TR ownership is heading in general. The question I have to ask is......WHY ???? If you want a Corvette then buy one but dont make a pigs ear out of a silk purse !!!

Mr. Karmann (God rest his soul) must be turning in his grave!!!!

Alan :o

Yep thats a bad car and I dont mean that in any form of favourable mid 70's coloured American street savvy either......no it really is bad.. Dare I say it but this sums up just where the Register and TR ownership is heading in general. The question I have to ask is......WHY ???? If you want a Corvette then buy one but dont make a pigs ear out of a silk purse !!!

One might be peeved if a TR5 were to be so 'improved'.

But a 6?

Perhaps not to everyone's taste, any more than metallic paint wide wheels and a cream interior (speaking for myself) , but I think we can afford to commend self-expression, persistence, excellence of execution, on a car which has survived in such large numbers, a car morever which is still broken in significant quantity because people can't be bothered to restore them.

Well done Kel.

Anyway, he also has a Corvette, but is sensible enough to recognise the enhanced practicality of a car where one can actually get stuff in the boot. :P

As to where the Register is headed, not sure what you have in mind, but I have noticed a very different attitude to 'originality at all costs' which was how many Vintage/PVT cars of similar age were treated when last I was on the old car scene in the 70s. Back then, some people even agonised over changing the pistons because the engine still had the originals. I kid you not.

I think/hope it's headed towards keeping the cars in use, which ultimately is all that matters. If it were headed towards 'I won't change anything and only drive it when the road is dry the weather is clement and there's covered parking' then I think we would have a problem.

Ivor