Is THE ROADSTER FACTORY a reliable source for parts?

Hi Im Jason and currently working on a TR4. Im from asia so i have to source my parts overseas. Ive heard good reviews with moss motors and british victoria...how about the company The roadster factory? I need a company that can take advantage of lot orders, because I plan to order everything that I need in one shipping to save on shipping costs. Thanks

Hi Im Jason and currently working on a TR4. Im from asia so i have to source my parts overseas. Ive heard good reviews with moss motors and british victoria...how about the company The roadster factory? I need a company that can take advantage of lot orders, because I plan to order everything that I need in one shipping to save on shipping costs. Thanks
how about the company The roadster factory?

Although I haven't used them (yet) I've heard nothing but

good reports. On many occasions, they even seem to have

parts that no-one else has.

Run by a real enthusiast of the marque.

AlanR

Jason,

Over the years I've ordered several parts from the Roadster Factory and they've always been as advertised and well packaged - the largest order being 5 Dayton wire wheels, knockoffs and hubs shipped from their Pennsylvania headquarters to my home in Washington. They often have good specials and parts which Moss U.S. may not have.

Richard

Hi Jason,

I've used the Roadster Factory quite a few times and have had no problems with parts and deliveries here in Western Australia. Had a delivery last Thursday too.

Tony

In a word, yes!

I first met Charles Runyan in 1983 at a TR event in western Pennsylvania. He and I are about the same age, more or less 60-ish. Charles grew up on a farm near Johnstown and was a TR enthusiast since high school. He is also a consummate Anglophile. I really think he knows more about England than some natives. He attended university and got a degree in library admin. When he graduated he found that his job as a librarian at a local college wasn't enough to support he and his growing family so he started advertising Triumph parts and accessories in "Road & Track" and "Sports Car Graphic". These, he sold via mail-order, from his small apartment. As business grew he moved his operation to the family farm in Armaugh. A short time later , The Roadster Factory" was born. During the ensuing years, TRF has gone through some rough times. At one point they almost declared bankruptcy. During these difficult times TRF never changed their philosophy of "the customer is king". Don't get me wrong. They are not perfect. There have been times when they have had to go off shore to reduce pricing. However, in general, they are in my opinion, a cut above the rest.

I've been a customer of TRF for almost 30 years. They are a very reliable and reputable company and have probably done more than any other supplier to maintain the availability of good quality parts. They have their issues like backorders and a web site and IT back end that could do with some work and in 30 years I have been sent **** parts a couple of times that needed some follow up but I try and support them and divide my orders between TRF and Moss USA.

Stan

I have had some very good parts from them compared to some other offerings.Window slides being one. As stated by others they do some parts that others dont.

Stuart

I am also a 20+ year customer, and have not been disappointed by their service. Given your location, I would recommend direct phone sales if possible, or order via the web and followup with a direct call. The weakest issue I've had with them was backorders and multiple shipments - but always everything showed up. If you can call them directly you can get verification of what is in stock, and decide how you want it shipped. I hope they stay in business for a long while, for personal consultation I don't think there is much better in the U.S.

Yes, very positive about them. I had the same question a few years back and got the same reply. Their shipments are neatly packed and shipped in the fastest possible way (Well, customs etc. are always delaying shipment!)

Last year they had an offer: if you would by up to a certain amount, you could get a nice item for free. I topped my last order with a T shirt to reach the required amount. It appeared I had ordered the wrong type of T shirt. They replaced the shirt with the one I needed: one for a TR3A. It's a small example, but I think it sums it all up.

I highly recommend them.

Menno

I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and have been dealing with the Roadster Factory for more than 20 years. I have ordered parts in person at their facility, over the telephone, via telefax and most recently over the internet. I have found their customer service reps to be very helpful over the years and typically enjoy talking with them. As of late, they have been offering weekly and even daily specials which can be checked on their web site. I subscribed to a weekly email from them and get the latest sale flyer emailed usually every thursday night or friday. I recently ordered fuzzy door trim for my TR4a and when it arrived, each piece was only 24" long. I called customer service and received the correct parts the next day. Their backorder system can be frustrating if you order via fax or over the internet as they don't tell you the part is not available until you receive your package of parts that are available. I ordered some carpet over the phone recently and was told it was on backorder at the time of order. I received it a couple weeks later. Also, check to make sure the part you want has not been superceded. I ordered a jute underfelt kit for my TR4A and was shipped a synthetic kit with a notation that the jute had been superceded. Had I known this, I never would have ordered the kit. All in all, my experience with them has been positive over the years and I would not hesitate to recommend that you deal with them. One thing I would do, however, is call them to order so you can get a handle on the backorder situation and arrange shipping of all of your parts at once. Keep an eye on their specials and I think you can get some good deals.

Yes, many, shipments of parts received over many years half way across the world, and nothing ever returned for unacceptable quality, nor anything lost in transit.

I've phoned over on a Saturday morning to add an item to a faxed order, and the chap on the phone had my fax right at his fingertips, and treated me as enthusiastically as if it was their very first order, even though the extra part was only worth a few dollars.

Regards,

Viv.

• 1 month later...