Evening All

As the wife has just been paid thought we may have a new hood on the Yellow Peril.

Simple question can anyone suggest the best folks for the job. I do want supply and fit.

Have seen some really poor fitting hoods that people have paid good money for. Perfectey happy to pay good money for a good job.

Thanks in anticpation.

Nick

My car was suppled by a company called moto-build, they supply and fit hoods and indeed make their own hoods. Mine fits well and has had some nice comments.

http://www.moto-build.co.uk/home.cfm

Their trimmer is very good. And he's a Real Ale man. But if you put in an order now you might get it for Xmas.. :(

Would suggest you go for vinyl, as mohair is a pain to keep clean.

Ivor

Evening All

As the wife has just been paid thought we may have a new hood on the Yellow Peril.

can't advise on the hood, but i am pleased that you have got your trouble and strive pointed in the right direction :rolleyes:

regards pink

Their trimmer is very good. And he's a Real Ale man. But if you put in an order now you might get it for Xmas.. :(

Would suggest you go for vinyl, as mohair is a pain to keep clean.

Ivor

Sounds like a good firm to deal with !

I note your comments re mohair. Is the old double duck a wise choice ?

Cheers

Nick

I note your comments re mohair. Is the old double duck a wise choice ?

Cheers

Nick

Only problem with Double duck is the colour does fade pretty quickly.

Stuart.

A few years ago I bought a top from MB for my TR3, leaking like a sieve through the stitchings, now purchased a new one from Don Trimming, they advertise in TRAction :) I bought the second quality from their web list, original specifications material it says. It came with all fixing material and looks quite good, but I still have to fit it.

I bought a TR6 hood in the 70th from them and they are still in buisiness, that's anough reference for me :D

The chap in the trimshop is good. Geoff is his name. If he's away on hol when/if you arrange for the hood to be fitted, take the car away until he returns.

Ivor

I've always had great sucess with Prestige Auto Tops...although you will have to fit yourself or find an installer. Their products have been good and reasonable costwise. You can find them on the web.

In fact, I prefer to fit the top myself as paying money to someone to hurry through this job doesnt excite me and it is not particularly difficult just time consuming.

Had a new hood from santa. great fit, by a chap called Jim King in leicester. he dismantled striped the frame re,painted and fitted a mohair royal blue hood supplied by Rimmers. have to find his card if you need any more info

regards Darren.

Leicester is handy for me, if you can dig up the number.

Many Thanks.

Nick.