Rough running HELP required please

Had a good check of everything this weekeend:

Injectors (all spraying)

Points replaced

Condenser replaced

Checked butterflys all seemed OK

fiddled with timing , its about right.

However at anything below 2.5 to 3 k revs its coughing and running rough. If you floor the pedal its seems to clear. Before when I had this it was an injector, now I am not sure as they seem OK.

I have noted thta if I pull the choke a bit (excess fuel lever) it runs perfectly indicating to me fuel starvation or a dodgy injector, but as I've said these seem OK . Help please as now the weather ios better and the sticky clutch fixed I'd like to drive and enjoy. Alsop its the kind of thing that the various garages will probably charge a lot for as the diagnosis could be long winded......

Have you checked the fuel pressure - if it is lower than 105 psi then this can cause problems running...

I think NTC has suggested checking the throttle bodies and linkage for play - if they are knackered you're wasting your time.....

Alternatively, bring it up to us and we can sort it (we also have a transporter for collection)

:P

Sounds like simular issues to those i had a month or so ago.

As you say paying the garage to identify the problem could be very costly.

Classic Marques resolved my problems without any fuss, and the car has run well ever since. there were one or two problems, but the main one was the good old Lucas Pump lacking in the pressure dept.

If having taken the sound advice you will no doubt receive on this forum you are still stuck, try and get the car to Mark and his team at Classic Marques i am sure they would sort the job at a reasonable cost and quickly.

Best of luck.

Nick

Robin

A couple of years ago I had the identical symptoms as you, spent ages messing around with the PI system but it turned out to be the ignition leads, changed them and it has run sweet as a nut ever since.

Cheers

Bill