running rich

I had this happen on mine. On mine, what happened was that the free end of the choke cable that connects to the excess fuel lever had managed to twist itself behind the lever, so that when the choke was pushed in, the arm was still forward off its stop. It appears that it is a sort-of double lever arrangement as well - the lever you can see works another that is underneath that you can't see and so what I have now done is bent the free and now slightly frayed end of the cable upwards so that it cannot get stuck behind the lever.

Still runs rich at idle, especially when hot, but in the well worn phrase so beloved of the motor trade, I am told "they all do that, sir"

Kevin

I had this happen on mine.

Kevin

My PI had the same problem after winter storeage.

Running very rich erratic firing and belching black fumes from the exhaust.

Luckily i found a very enthousiastic chap in the Netherlands who not only explained me facts of and how tweak and finetune my FI system but also solved the problem very fast.

There was too little slack on the choke cable causing a rich mixture.

For anyone in the Netherlands having problems with a PI system pse consider http://www.powerprops.com/

My PI had the same problem after winter storeage.

Running very rich erratic firing and belching black fumes from the exhaust.

Luckily i found a very enthousiastic chap in the Netherlands who not only explained me facts of and how tweak and finetune my FI system but also solved the problem very fast.

There was too little slack on the choke cable causing a rich mixture.

For anyone in the Netherlands having problems with a PI system pse consider http://www.powerprops.com/

thanks i hope that will help and work lol

I had this happen on mine. On mine, what happened was that the free end of the choke cable that connects to the excess fuel lever had managed to twist itself behind the lever, so that when the choke was pushed in, the arm was still forward off its stop. It appears that it is a sort-of double lever arrangement as well - the lever you can see works another that is underneath that you can't see and so what I have now done is bent the free and now slightly frayed end of the cable upwards so that it cannot get stuck behind the lever.

Still runs rich at idle, especially when hot, but in the well worn phrase so beloved of the motor trade, I am told "they all do that, sir"

Kevin

hi thanks for help hope that will work

hi no its injected

OK, I was recalling your post in November:

'hi its a rebuilt motor all the carbs are ok and not stucking it was ok for the first time i started it'

So you've gone from carbs to a PI car, brave man, hope it goes well for you :P

Ivor

OK, I was recalling your post in November:

'hi its a rebuilt motor all the carbs are ok and not stucking it was ok for the first time i started it'

So you've gone from carbs to a PI car, brave man, hope it goes well for you :P

Ivor

I was also wondering about that; you could always try refitting the carbs, especially as they originally seemed to work so well! ;)