Interior lights

The light opening was probably left away for economic reasons. You check if the light switch is fitted on the bracket behind the hinge system. The original boot light is rubbish anyhow, so try to find a replacement in an Autoshop always better than the original. When the boot is loaded the light on the panel is in most cases hidden, so consider to fit the new one under the boot lid, a good chance to have some light when needed :)

Hi Tony.

When I was trimming my boot panels out in carpet,I pondered this question,and my solution was this!

IMAG0238.jpg

I did not like the useless and ugly std light fitting,so I fitted a light unit like the chrome one used in the car on the rear tunnel,when the boot is opened it comes on,but at shows it can be turned off!!

I have 2 more,and may fit them to either side as well!

Couldnt fit one the boot lid,as it would get damaged if the boot was full up!

I got 3 new ones for £10 inc p/p off ebay,and new one from an autojumble for £2! so keep an eye out for them!

This one on Ebay is total extortion! :blink:

INT LAMP

Dave

Edited by PILKIE

Hi Dave

A quick response to the photos in your post.

The Rover is very much like my old man's - His was "DXG 1K" , white with the black vinyl roof and spare wheel on the boot lid.

I remember him taking a photo of the tacho when it turned 100K and went back to zero - those were the days!

It was a great car, he used to always fill up with the high octane stuff, telling me it would go faster!

We once did 139mph somewhere on the A19 Teeside way, but I'm not sure how acurate that was.

All in all, a super car, same rostyle wheels and I know to this day, he regreted selling it for a Citroen 2400 estate, those very long estate cars with "hydroelastic" suspension. But then again, British V8 for French 2.4, I don't think so!

Halcyon Days!

Richard