Price of a replacement Choke Cable !

Hi All,

Managed to pull the choke cable knob right off. Thought it was a shame but not too worried as I thought it would set me back a tenner and a bit of time.

Have looked on the usual suspects site and they are £42 !!

Am I missing something ? Can I re-attach the said knob to the cable ?

Many Thanks

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy.

Screwed my knob back on,as I yanked it off my shaft recently!! ;) Didnt hurt!! :lol:

If you have a small hole on the side of your knob,and a hole on your shaft then you can screw your knob back onto the shaft as long as the screw used is long enough to penetrate the hole!! :blink:

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!! :P

Dave

Edited by PILKIE
Guest ianwright11
Hi Jeremy.

Screwed my knob back on,as I yanked it off my shaft recently!! ;) Didnt hurt!! :lol:

If you have a small hole on the side of your knob,and a hole on your shaft then you can screw your knob back onto the shaft as long as the screw used is long enough to penetrate the hole!! :blink:

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!! :P

Dave

OOh err matron!!

I'd be a bit careful when buying a replacement. Mine broke last year and I innocently bought a replacement off ebay, turned out to be too short to reach the metering unit (which sort of defeated the point!!)

In the end I bought a replacement from one of the supplier stands at Malvern, worked a treat.

Hi All,

Managed to pull the choke cable knob right off. Thought it was a shame but not too worried as I thought it would set me back a tenner and a bit of time.

Have looked on the usual suspects site and they are £42 !!

Am I missing something ? Can I re-attach the said knob to the cable ?

Many Thanks

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Abingdon Parts (from back of TR Action) offer a dual choke cable for £10 less than that..... www.mg-tr-parts.co.uk

I recently got one but have yet to fit it...... The knob is (usually) attached by a sprung plunger accessible through the hole in the knob....if you just need a TR6 choke knob you can have mine, as the logo is different on the 250 so i will be swapping it

john

• 1 month later...