• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike

It could be your car as our 64 TR4 was shown as registered in 1980. We thought it must have been imported, but on researching the cars background a previous owner produced the original log book! Said he'd lost it in the late 70s when he was restoring it and re registered it in 1980, only to find the original logbook later.

Which he returned to us 28 years later!

Cheers

Darren

Hi Mike

It could be your car as our 64 TR4 was shown as registered in 1980. We thought it must have been imported, but on researching the cars background a previous owner produced the original log book! Said he'd lost it in the late 70s when he was restoring it and re registered it in 1980, only to find the original logbook later.

Which he returned to us 28 years later!

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren

Thanks for that. Now that i have seen the car i dont feel it is worth the 6k asking price to get my old number and a

car that needs every bit replacing.

Still hope to find a good project this year

Regards

Mike

Looks like the seller is making a few bob on the plate, or going to put it on another of his cars.

Shame really, but I guess a lot of classic cars have had their original plates removed.

There are exceptions to this rule though, where you can't transfer a plate?

Looks like the seller is making a few bob on the plate, or going to put it on another of his cars.

Shame really, but I guess a lot of classic cars have had their original plates removed.

There are exceptions to this rule though, where you can't transfer a plate?

If a car has been imported the age related plate is non transferable. Though you can add your own instead (at a price) The same goes for the plate issued in replacement for a so called "Nice plate" that someone removes from a car. Personally I prefer to leave the original plates on the cars.

Stuart

"Personally I prefer to leave the original plates on the cars."

In an ideal world, so would most enthusiasts . . . . but personalised plates do have a silly value. Four of our cars have plates worth more than the cars themselves, another three have plates that are worth as much as the cars.

LOO 1C must have a certain appeal to the prostate challenged :lol:

Cheers,

Alec

"Personally I prefer to leave the original plates on the cars."

In an ideal world, so would most enthusiasts . . . . but personalised plates do have a silly value. Four of our cars have plates worth more than the cars themselves, another three have plates that are worth as much as the cars.

LOO 1C must have a certain appeal to the prostate challenged :lol:

Cheers,

Alec

Imagine what LOU 1E is worth? :o