"Lift-the-Dot" peg placement on rear tonneau capping

I can't find pictures of the proper installation of these pegs. Do they belong in and through the rear capping, or below the capping, on the paintwork? Moss shows a screw end to the peg which implies a capping install, but I'm not sure. It seems to me that this is where a nut-backed peg should go.

BTW, did anyone else catch that NY Times "Collectibles" piece about the '61 TR-3A that just went under the hammer for $49k? After $7k to the body shop, I feel better.

Bob Brennan

S. Freeport, ME

TS 24528 (close to roadworthy)

I can't find pictures of the proper installation of these pegs. Do they belong in and through the rear capping, or below the capping, on the paintwork? Moss shows a screw end to the peg which implies a capping install, but I'm not sure. It seems to me that this is where a nut-backed peg should go.

BTW, did anyone else catch that NY Times "Collectibles" piece about the '61 TR-3A that just went under the hammer for $49k? After $7k to the body shop, I feel better.

Bob Brennan

S. Freeport, ME

TS 24528 (close to roadworthy)

Bob they go through the rear tonneau panel just below the capping. They have a 2BA thread with a leather washer on the outside and a flat and spring washer with a standard 2BA nut on the inside. Depending on the year of your car depends on how many and the centering of them.

Stuart

Thanks, Stuart. When I re-covered the capping last year, I didn't take notes and was under the mistaken impression that I had covered up the holes. All's well now.

Bob

Bob

I found the most awkward pegs to fix were on the sides and door.

All looked lovely with the tonneau cover and /or soft top fitted but when i had finished fettling the sidescreens at least 4 pegs clashed with the sidescreens mounted, especially the ones just behind the door.

In the end I gave up and place a rubber stop over these when the roof is not fitted!

"Who says they are simple!"

Unc :blink: