Moss soft top for TR4A

Hello,

I bought a mohair Soft Top from Moss UK for my TR4A a while ago. When installing it I realize it does not fit the car. At the top of the side windows the curve does not match with the curve of the window glass. It was necessary to change several sewing and add more material (MOHAIR) to overcome the problem. Here I have four pictures showing what happened: www.triumphcars.com.br/MossSoft/sewing.html

The former AMCO soft top that I had for the last 15 years was fitting perfectly, but since I have done a complete restoration on the car I thought it would be better to replace it.

People at Moss UK said that this is the right soft top to the car and so it is my problem.

Even if I decide to spend more money to buy another one I really dont know where to buy a good quality.

Does anybody else have faced the same problem by any chance?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reinaldo

Hi Reinaldo

Congratulations on your needlework I am sure you could set yourself up selling better quality hoods to the UK :lol:

Cant help much with advise Have you got it right with the press studs on the forward deck (doesnt show it on the piccies)

On my 4a the corner of the window is the opposite appearance of yours ie too tight into it, probably because the it is quite a stretch to get the press studs into the rear deck (they could do with being 1/4 in slacker) but as you know you only get one chance to get it right. I think you would be hard pushed to be almost an inch out, by getting the press studs in the wrong place Do you still have the original hood ? can you compare the length of the window opening against the new one, bit late now youve altered it :rolleyes:

Regards

Dale

Dale,

Thank you for you response.

The guy that did the work said that the comparison between the new and the old top shows quite a big diference, but I cant' tell how big it was.

How was in your case. It finally fit your car without needlework? You bought it from Moss as well?

My regards,

Reinaldo

==========================================

Hi Reinaldo

Congratulations on your needlework I am sure you could set yourself up selling better quality hoods to the UK :lol:

Cant help much with advise Have you got it right with the press studs on the forward deck (doesnt show it on the piccies)

On my 4a the corner of the window is the opposite appearance of yours ie too tight into it, probably because the it is quite a stretch to get the press studs into the rear deck (they could do with being 1/4 in slacker) but as you know you only get one chance to get it right. I think you would be hard pushed to be almost an inch out, by getting the press studs in the wrong place Do you still have the original hood ? can you compare the length of the window opening against the new one, bit late now youve altered it :rolleyes:

Regards

Dale

The former AMCO soft top that I had for the last 15 years was fitting perfectly

Another testimonial for AMCO quality <_<

The stuff they made when TRs were in production was at least as good as factory, and maybe even better ( how else to sell it, unless for low price? ). A comparison of their luggage racks for the Michelotti cars with today's offerings is telling ;)