I've posted this on the TR6 forum but thought you guys may be able to help also...

My TR6 is running twin SU's. A few years ago I had it set up on a rolling road. After setting up the car was 'running-on' a little. I asked the tuner if it could be cured. He said it could easily be cured be disconnecting a rubber tube (I think), he did say there was a slight downside but I can't remember what it was.

I've lived with the (intermitant) running-on ever since and, whilst slightly annoying, it hasn't bothered me too much. I am now selling the car and the buyer wants it sorting.

My questions are: which pipe/tube is it likely to have been? What would the downside be to disconnecting said tube (if any). Is there any other way round the problem that won't involve disconnecting the pipe?

Other facts: The car doesn't need a decoke, the car is fitted with electronic ignition.

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers Chris

I've posted this on the TR6 forum but thought you guys may be able to help also...

My TR6 is running twin SU's. A few years ago I had it set up on a rolling road. After setting up the car was 'running-on' a little. I asked the tuner if it could be cured. He said it could easily be cured be disconnecting a rubber tube (I think), he did say there was a slight downside but I can't remember what it was.

I've lived with the (intermitant) running-on ever since and, whilst slightly annoying, it hasn't bothered me too much. I am now selling the car and the buyer wants it sorting.

My questions are: which pipe/tube is it likely to have been? What would the downside be to disconnecting said tube (if any). Is there any other way round the problem that won't involve disconnecting the pipe?

Other facts: The car doesn't need a decoke, the car is fitted with electronic ignition.

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris,

Try running it on Shell Formula 99 octane.

Thats what seems to stop my TR4A running on.

Regards,

Monty.

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris

Running on is normally a 4 pot issue and as we're (4 pot guys) on normally on SU's we see it a lot where cars have been 'optimised' on a rolling road. Backing off the state of tune is a sure cure. However, keeping the bhp and stopping the running on is the charm :lol:

Search the 4/4a Forum for running on (lots of posts). Monty is correct about the 99 oct fuel, booster also helps, I find that the text book cure also works, get her all hot and botherd and then back her off until she just coughs once :P Sorted !

The hose may be the vacum advance hose which automatically adjusts the dizzy but its ability to cause running on if the car is correctly tuned is a stretch.................