Read some interesting things on the site about TR4 reg 4VC. Goes back a bit.

I used to ride in it back in the 70s when it was owned by Ian Cornish in Thames Ditton, Surrey.

My own car was a Green TR4 reg 297HOT. It was stolen eventually and messed up. I had to sell it as I had no time to fix it and a friend, Irving Price had it for a while and ran it down at Goodwood on track days.

Also interested in what became of Dave Stotter, last seen and heard with all the valves bouncing in his 3a along the Kingston bye pass circa 1973.

Would be interested in hearing anything of the cars or the owners

Neil

Hi Neil,

Glad to see your New Year's resolution is to join the Forum and see

what happened to your ol' mates.

I remember the number 297 HOT but can't picture you or the car.

I turned up at a fewl TVG meets, and to add to your list, whatever

happened to John Davies and VYP 88, Irving Price and a few others.

There was a photo in TRaction, quite a few years ago now, of a

get-together of the TVG founder members. I managed to work out

quite a few of them (not having seen them since the mid-70s) but

the definition of the photo prevented me from identifying very many.

I did manage to spot Buckles even though he's got a new jersey!

I was driving my red 3A then, before I acquired TR 2100.

AlanR

Hi Neil,

297HOT has, this summer, risen from the ashes like a phoenix and is once more on the road and still owned/driven by Irv.

New paint and parts looking very nice.

Roger

Brilliant! Thanks so much Roger for the information, shall see if i can make contact and maybe see some photos. Irving must have owned the car for nearly 30 years - and i thought i had had it the longest. Wonder where he lives.

Thanks to TR 2100 (Alan R). Yes I remember a red 3A and I have some other names for you to conjure with - Daryl Uprichard and Pete Hunt and lovely girlfriend Barb, the first people I met in the TR Register and another head case, Chris Gurney who also had a really pretty girlfriend, might have been Paula.

Lovely old boy called Arthur (who in fact at the time was probably younger than i am now) and of course the infamous Cox and Buckles.

I remember following P Buckles over a hump back bridge one day and the body of his TR landed down on chassis at a different angle from when he started - and i don't think it was straight before the bridge either. Happy days.

Regrets... i have a few. Should have kept my TR somehow and my membership number which i think was 275 or similar, so quite early. But that's life. Anyway i shall try to contact Ian Cornish as well as Irving P.

About 4 years ago after losing my job i decided to get a TR again and would like to have got 297HOT back, but i think I was day dreaming and trying to recover more than my car. Then I thought of getting a 3a instead, but it seemed to get something half decent I needed to spend around 10 15 K which was not on. No time or budget for a long rebuild so i thought about various alternatives and settled on the idea of a Caterham.

A reasonable Caterham was also about 10 - 12 k for very little. Then I discovered Westfields. much cheaper, just as quick and as much fun and so much like a Caterham that they were sued in the early days. So I looked around and found a 1700 Crossflow powered SE which i have an on/off love affair with according to how its going and where it lets me down. Photo on the Westfield site (I am Fangio2) http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonbo...9170;hl=fangio2

Be in touch again because I am still a TR man and maybe one day.....

Neil

• 2 years later...

Just stumbled across this, more or less by chance! Neil, I certainly remember you and 297HOT from the TVG days, also Dave Stotter, Irving Price, John Davies, John Cole, Alan R, Mike Ellis and many others. My TR days are long gone, but I still get pangs of nostalgia drifting down through the decades. Happy days!

Geoff Butcher (161PMD, 3342PX, 3141KV, BUU444H)