Help with picture please

Folks, If anyone has a stripped down TR4 or 5 (or TR6, might be the same)

I'm looking for a picture of under the dash showing the position of the steering column bracket in relation to the hole in the bulkhead that the steering column goes through.

I need to make one up on a car being converted to RHD.

Also there appears to be another bracket in the footwell behind where the throttle pedal would have been on a LHD car, anyone know what would bolt to that?

Cheers

Jon

Folks, If anyone has a stripped down TR4 or 5 (or TR6, might be the same)

I'm looking for a picture of under the dash showing the position of the steering column bracket in relation to the hole in the bulkhead that the steering column goes through.

I need to make one up on a car being converted to RHD.

Also there appears to be another bracket in the footwell behind where the throttle pedal would have been on a LHD car, anyone know what would bolt to that?

Cheers

Jon

hi jon

i'll take some pics tonight of my tr4 in restoration(rhd)

cheers

john

Hi Jon, my LHD also has that bracket, but it is below the accelerator pedal, almost like a bit of reinforcement. Nothing was attached to it and I have left it there ,for the moment. I have also converted to RHD and bent a few bits of metal to make the column bracket, to no avail. In the end I bought on from CTM, I believe. I mounted it a little bit too high, or cut the hole a bit too low, as the column is slightly high as it passes through the grommet in the bulkhead.

Rod

Jon,

Having looked at your both your links and they reveal some very impressive work.

The TR4 does have some body problems but the bodyshell itself does not look that bad, so all in all a very good basis, I can see why you bought the car.

You note that the previous owner started the work on the transfer of the steering to RHD.

When I did my LHD to RHD change I checked quite a few cars and made a couple of drawings to get all the holes and bracketry in the correct places, if you think a copy would be of use just send me a pm with your e-mail and I will forward a PDF copy.

Regards, Richard ;)

if you think a copy would be of use just send me a pm with your e-mail and I will forward a PDF copy.

Regards, Richard ;)

Thanks for the offer Richard, but I have it done, welded on the bracket this morning and welded up the redundant holes on the left side.

Cheers

Jon