KN Filter

Hi guys, just doublechecking before I order from Halfrauds. I want to replace the standard air filter set up with a conical filter. THis will be positioned at the end of the flexihose up by the grille, not straight onto the plenum.

I think this is the right one, am I correct? http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RU-2710

Thanks!

Hi guys, just doublechecking before I order from Halfrauds. I want to replace the standard air filter set up with a conical filter. THis will be positioned at the end of the flexihose up by the grille, not straight onto the plenum.

I think this is the right one, am I correct? http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RU-2710

Thanks!

Hi Eli

I don't know if it is the correct filter, I guess that is just down to the diameter of the mounting flange but you will not be able to mount this filter onto the flexi hose alone. The filter is secured by a Jubilee clip so unless you have a rigid ring inside the end of the hose, winding up the clip will just crush the hose :(

Hi Eli ,

What is the purpose of changing from the original ?does it give better breathing ?

Gary

Supposed to! I've fitted a stainless sports manifold and exhaust so the system is more free flowing. I'm going to mount it at the front of the engine bay so it gets a load of cold air.

Hi Eli ,

What is the purpose of changing from the original ?does it give better breathing ?

Gary

hi i always was led to believe the k and n air filter was more restrictive, the problem is the plenum chamber diameter to small, i am going to cut the bottom of and weld a section in it to increase the diameter this should allow more air to no 6 piston this plug will always play up against the others due to lack of oxygen only my thoughts and what i have read and found

pink

Supposed to! I've fitted a stainless sports manifold and exhaust so the system is more free flowing. I'm going to mount it at the front of the engine bay so it gets a load of cold air.

Hi Eli

I've done this with my 6. The conical filter fits great to the bracket that once held the original air filter housing. Have also got a 3:2:1 ss manifold from Pheonix, taped up with copper wrap from Agrimech.

I thought the results were very noticeable - better breathing and certainly better performance but the mpg has suffered - shame!!

Richard

Hi Eli

I've done this with my 6. The conical filter fits great to the bracket that once held the original air filter housing. Have also got a 3:2:1 ss manifold from Pheonix, taped up with copper wrap from Agrimech.

I thought the results were very noticeable - better breathing and certainly better performance but the mpg has suffered - shame!!

Richard

Good job the price of oil is now $46/barrel!!!

I'm glad to hear that you've had better performance from the mods. Did you have to adjust the car's timing afterwards?

Hi Eli

Richard

Don't suppose you remember the filter part no? Thanks

Don't suppose you remember the filter part no? Thanks

Sorry, can't remember and have since binned the packaging. I did get it from our friendly suppliers over Lincoln way, but can't find the invoice either.

No, didn't have to alter the timing in anyway - the car was noticeably quicker on acceleration & louder!

sorry can't help further, regards

Richard

Thanks Richard.

Bit the bullet and got Loukas (TR shop) to order me one. Fits perfectly onto the bracket for the standard filter housing.

Have booked the car in for a quick service, the brakes are fine but better safe than sorry. I'll get them to check the injectors, inlet manifold and exhaust manifold. There must be a leak (or several leaks!) somewhere which is causing the poor performance.

Bah humbug!