Hi All,

I intend to fit 185x70x15 tyres on my early 3A(1958) - I shall be buying new wires - but the question is what type of wheel layout do I need to avoid a wheelarch clearance problem i.e. centrelace, sidelace etc. - and are there any other issues I should be thinking of before I flash my credit card (VAT @15%!)

Thanks in advance

Dave Bennett

Hi Dave, I had centre laced 70 spoke on my 3A ,with 175/70 tyres and they did catch on the rears. I now have 5.5 KO

Minilites with 195/65 tyres and dont catch, a mate has 72 spoke TR6 wires ,and they only catch fully laden, both cars have

wired rear wheel arch returns (no return lip), if you PM me I can sent photo,s e-mail. cant do em on here,

Cheers Paul.

hello,

I have 175x15 on one of my TR3A 59 on MWS wire wheels 5,5x15 with 72 spokes. It's perfect. 185 could be just with a TR3, it's depends on the state of your suspension.

On my TR3A rallye, I have "rallye suspensions" (lower) and the 175 goes very weel, non problem, does not touch even in very tough conditions.

I have studied a long time the wheels and tyres for that TR3, and esthetically you should not take too wide.

Best regards

GG

see photo with 175 on 5,5x15

http://www.trregisterfrance.com/photos/anc...08/ardeche2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

Did you get a definative answer or, better still, try the 185 tyres out? I am considering doing the same to my 1960 TR3a and came across your topic by accident. I am hoping to fit the wheels pictured below from a TR4 and just assumed they would fit.

Cheers,

Ian

post-6428-1229026867_thumb.jpg

post-6428-1229026867_thumb.jpg