Hello,

Are you englishmen always driving your TR's top down - even when it is snowing?

--

Regards, Juha

Of Course! When I was just a slip of a lad of 19 my first sportscar was an A-H "Frogeye". One winter day I was driving in the falling snow - top up, heater on - when what should come the other way but a powder blue TR3A, driven by a man who I swear must have been 80. I know old people look older the younger you are. But the top was off and I felt so absolutely ashamed. That is a real man's car with a real man in it, I thought.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All.

Happy New Year 2009

And with this i have widened my search to include Tr3a.

So if you are aware of a good condition , Tr3 or 3a thats for sale

Please PM me

Tar Muchly

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Dont be put of by having rack & pinion steering i have it on my tr3 & has transformed the steering out of all the trs i have owned or have my tr3 is by far my favorite, more so when the sun shines .My favourite summer drive is about twelve oclock at night drive to canary wharf london on the isle of dogs go past the security gaurd on the ramp they always let me through to where you are directly under the tallest buildings in london . Look at the reflection of my tr3 in all the diferent angle glass on buildings everyone stops to talk to you , there are riverside cafes that peole dont know that they are there stop out side have a cuppa but watch your car as there watching you , then drive thro limehouse tunnel to trafalgar square & covent garden BUT WATCH OUT FOR THOSE CAMERAS & SPEEDING its easy to forget when you are enjoying yourself i usualy drive for about 3to4 hours you even make friends at the trafic lights as people dont expect to see tr3s in london in the middle of the night TRY IT ONE DAY!!!! thats prob why tr3s are selling well its a different kinda motoring SO GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SEARCH.

regards kel

Edited by KEL
Hi guys

Dont be put of by having rack & pinion steering i have it on my tr3 & has transformed the steering out of all the trs i have owned or have my tr3 is by far my favorite, more so when the sun shines .My favourite summer drive is about twelve oclock at night drive to canary wharf london on the isle of dogs go past the security gaurd on the ramp they always let me through to where you are directly under the tallest buildings in london . Look at the reflection of my tr3 in all the diferent angle glass on buildings everyone stops to talk to you , there are riverside cafes that peole dont know that they are there stop out side have a cuppa but watch your car as there watching you , then drive thro limehouse tunnel to trafalgar square & covent garden BUT WATCH OUT FOR THOSE CAMERAS & SPEEDING its easy to forget when you are enjoying yourself i usualy drive for about 3to4 hours you even make friends at the trafic lights as people dont expect to see tr3s in london in the middle of the night TRY IT ONE DAY!!!! thats prob why tr3s are selling well its a different kinda motoring SO GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SEARCH.

regards kel

Edited by KEL
Hi guys

regards kel

Kel,

That sounds like a great deal of fun, i am not particularly worried out any mods, just looking for a presentable, honest and good car in both body chassis and mechanics, with no rust or filler. Not to much to ask. <_<

Yours looks really nice.

So far have dispenced with a few for various reasons, and another two appear on the horizon, maybe this is the one, or maybe not. Time will tell.

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guy

But get the right one and it will be worth the wait!

Good luck and happy hunting!

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Yes am sure you are right!

I am not very patient at all when i get a bee in my bonnet :lol: Bull at a gate, but thats another story. :blink:

Am being drawn by more modern machinery, Tvr, Lotus, Caterham. <_<

But in Tr style i will try to hold on for a while yet. :rolleyes: Could make an "interesting " article for Tr Action at the conclusion of this thread :mellow:

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

It beats me why you need a sports-car of any sort on Jersey (unless you have access to private roads :P ).

If you must add to your stable, rather than a(nother) high-performance car, why not go the Bergerac route with a Triumph Roadster?

(Still keeping an eye open for TR3s for you, but you are right that the potential supply seems to have dried up since the start of 2009).