MGTF wheels/tyres

I would imagine a lot of members are using the 15" Mgtf alloy wheels,what I am interested is what tyre size combinations there are and what effects they have on the handling of a TR7. As the original mg has 2 different profiles front /rear 55/50 which gives almost the same diameters front and rear. What is the best combination forthe TR7/8???????

I cannot give the definitive answer as haven't got anything to compare with apart from the standard wheel/tyre combination, but currently I am running with 185's on the front and 205's on the rear. Main issue was getting the tyre pressures sorted to give the best handling and have settled on 28 front / 30 rear as feeling about right. Road holding is more than adequate for my use.

Have attached a photo for your info IMHO the original MGF wheels look betteron the car than the more recent versions

post-5863-1227107148_thumb.jpg

post-5863-1227107148_thumb.jpg

Guest Wayne S

I dont have MGF wheels, but mine are also 15" alloys. I have found the best combination of clearance and grip is with a 205/55/15 with a pressure of 28 psi all round.

I run Avons on the 2 litre and NangKang's on the V8 with that size both with great handling and grip, although im finding the Nangkangs a little less effective in the wet than they should be.

Was always impressed with my Pirelli P6000's I used to run on the 2 litre.

I run MGF wheels on mine with the standard 185's front and 205's rear with standard MGF tyres again running 28Psi all round. Mind you I have fully uprated suspension all round, totally poly bushed and Capri 2.8 front brakes with uprated master cylinder and servo, but then, I am also running a tuned Sprint engine with twin Dell'orto's as well!

Gary