TR3 for all days

Hi,

I plan to buy a TR3 or TR3A for all day life.

It means about 10 km to go to office and 10 km to go back home + 15 - 25 km during noon

what do you think about this use.

What could you advise me to improve on the TR3 (and how) for security or mostly for securing the motor...

thank you

best regards

gilles

(france)

Gilles

a battery switch is good, one that the operating lever fits your pocket.

Another idea would be to fit an on/off gate valve in the fuel line in the boot.

But if they want it, they will get it, so, insure it Properly.

Peter.

For my 1958 TR3A, I mount a CLUB across the steering wheel and a CROOK-HOOK under the clutch pedal up to the steering wheel. I turn off the gas line valve and remove the rotor. For very serious situations, I have a sturdy chain about 2 meters long that I covered with foam tubing. I secure the chain around the front lower wish-bone under the front suspension and then I lock the loose ends of the chain around a lamp-post. That's what the motorcyclists do to secure their bikes. Don't lock it around a tree. I heard that someone did that once and when he came back, his motorcycle had been stolen.. THEY HAD CUT DOWN THE TREE !

Hi,

I plan to buy a TR3 or TR3A for all day life.

It means about 10 km to go to office and 10 km to go back home + 15 - 25 km during noon

what do you think about this use.

What could you advise me to improve on the TR3 (and how) for security or mostly for securing the motor...

thank you

best regards

gilles

(france)

Bonjour Gilles

Ifyou are french, have a look at my site (www.trmentvotre.com) , there is a section called "fiabilisation" http://www.trregisterfrance.com/meca/fiabi...bilisation1.htm

that could help you; that's all what I did (and even a little bit more - see TR3_rallye section) on my rallye TR3. For my every day TR3, I did also the majority of these modifications.

Rgds

GG

When using a TR3A daily I would first ask myself how often I'm stuck in traffic. Traffic jams are the worst ennemy of any TR :( not only from the point of overheating, but also clutch operation, not easy to drive in very slow moving traffic ;)

Don, with the modern battery operated angle grinders few things will resist. I recently saw a car on which the steering wheel was cut open to remove the locking devise

Jean - I had heard several cases of thieves cutting through the steering wheel with a hack-saw to remove the CLUB quickly, but most people where I live are just all smiles when they see my 1958 TR3A and when I park it, I also zip closed the tonneau cover.

All this is to delay or discourage anyone stealing it.

There is also the Denver Boot or wheel clamps. Bulldog France sell them.

http://www.thesafeshop.co.uk/products/cc100-auto-clamp.html

But if someone really wants it, they will come with chain cutters and a truck and lift the car onto the flat bed.

Edited by Don Elliott