TR6 / M3 Convresion Update

Jon, I assume that is why Ivor is speechless.

Right on, Stan.

It's not often I'm green with envy icon8.gif about a car with a modern engine, especially one which I presume is afflicted with EFI :lol:

Ivor

• 1 month later...

I think for sheer engineering "detail" that TR6 is the best I have seen (well read about anyway) :P

Mind blowing-well done fella ;)

• 1 year later...

I just love that car and am contemplating new bumpers. There is one thing I just noticed. There is no top for the car and one probably won't fit due to the configuration of the roll bar. I'm real sure a soft top won't fit. I guess if it starts raining you just have to go faster or get wet..... heh heh.

• 1 year later...

1970 GT6+

I have been working on two '70 GT6's for years, but can't afford $11k for a stage 2 engine with 150 HP for my car, after flipping a '67 Austin-Healey 3000 MKIII 7 years ago on the interstate, and survived with a major TBI. I was just searching on the internet 2 months ago, and found your TR6 with the M3 engine, which got me thinking. A S52 engine with 240 HP in a 2000# car would be a hand full of fun. I would have to change the engine, trans. and diff, axles, and while I'm at it the brakes, hubs, and wheels. There are many LSD diff. ratio options available for the BMW, so I have been trying to fit a BMW diff. into the GT6 frame. The axles and brakes are next part to figure out. Let me know about the S50 engine mounts fit on the TR6, and how did you mount the original engine mount on the TR frame?

Layne

gt6plus@bellsouth.net