VVT 123G TR5 (Valencia Blue?)

Guest ianwright11

Guest ianwright11

Hi,

Whilst chatting to a friend this afternoon, she showed me a photo of an ex-boyfriend's TR5. I said that I would try and find out if the car still existed. Does the registration number ring any bells with anyone out there?

I have checked the DVLA web-site and their details read, somewhat ominously....

VVT123G

Date of Liability 01 07 1987

Date of First Registration 13 01 1969

It may have been exported I hope. Anyway if anyone can assist with any knowledge or recollections I would be delighted to hear. I think from the photo the car was painted in Valencia Blue.

Many thanks

Ian wright

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ianwright11
Hello,

Do you have the chassisnr ?

Once exported the plate is no relevant info.

Kind regards

Pascal

Hi,

No, I realise that without the chassis number I would be struggling if the car has gone abroad. I have no other details other than those in my orginal message.

Thanks

Ian Wright

Hi,ian with regard to vvt123g tr5 to let you know it is still in england kent to be exact it now belongs to a friend who`s had the car for a number of years now i have past on to him your interest and no doubt he will be intouch bluebob

Whilst chatting to a friend this afternoon, she showed me a photo of an ex-boyfriend's TR5. I said that I would try and find out if the car still existed. Does the registration number ring any bells with anyone out there?

VVT123G

It may have been exported I hope. Anyway if anyone can assist with any knowledge or recollections I would be delighted to hear. I think from the photo the car was painted in Valencia Blue.

Many thanks

Ian wright

Hi,ian with regard to vvt123g tr5 to let you know it is still in england kent to be exact it now belongs to a friend who`s had the car for a number of years now i have past on to him your interest and no doubt he will be intouch bluebob

VVT123G

Many thanks

Ian wright

Ian, TR5 VVT 123G has been living what could be described as a sheltered life for many years. It ended up in Bickley near Bromley in a sad condition following what I can only find out was the death of the last owner on the log book. I have the original copies of the log book and this has three other owners after the original purchase, Maidenhead, West Norwood and London. The car changed to white during its life but is now back to Valencia Blue. The car is still undergoing restoration, currently it is stripped again waiting final panel alignments to make concourse. Once complete it will be out and about in the Kent area. Hope this of use. If you friend needs any furthr info let me know.

Guest ianwright11
Ian, TR5 VVT 123G has been living what could be described as a sheltered life for many years. It ended up in Bickley near Bromley in a sad condition following what I can only find out was the death of the last owner on the log book. I have the original copies of the log book and this has three other owners after the original purchase, Maidenhead, West Norwood and London. The car changed to white during its life but is now back to Valencia Blue. The car is still undergoing restoration, currently it is stripped again waiting final panel alignments to make concourse. Once complete it will be out and about in the Kent area. Hope this of use. If you friend needs any furthr info let me know.

Hi,

Thanks very much for this information, she will be delighted to hear of its restoration, and not, as we were fearing, its demise. The guy my friend went out with was called Neil/Neal? I can't remember what she said his surname was, but they lived in the Dulwich area of London. I'm guessing the previous owner from West Norwood is Neil/Neal, anyhow I will pass on this great news as I know that the car holds happy memories for her. I think she still has some photos, if you are interested I can ask about copies?

Regards

Ian Wright

PS. Please excuse my manners, welcome to the forum! I hope you derive as much pleasure and assistance as I have in a relatively short time.

Edited by ianwright11
  • 2 years later...

Hi

I'm bumping an old thread here, but I came across it whilst googling, as a long shot, for my old tr5.

This is a real trip down memory lane! Neil was an acquaintance of mine (to be accurate a friend of my 'best' friend from school back in the 70s). They both worked for the Post Office (telephones back then) to the best of my recollection. I bought VVT 123G from Neil, but sadly only had it for about 3 months because of the cost of insuring it. I was in my first year at Uni then, so funds weren't exactly flowing. That would have been 1973 I think. If the current owner has the original log book, my name should be on it.

The car was in Valencia Blue then, and I sorely regret selling it. It would be great to know how the car is now and even better to see it again sometime.

Look forward to hearing about this.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...