TR7 TR8 factory wheel sizes

We are building a TR7/8 for historic touring rally and need clarification on the factory wheel sizes for this model. We have heard that in some markets, the car was optioned with a 14" wheel.

Can anyone confirm this or provide some evidence that will help us?

Thanks!

Chris is right (of course) but I am sure I remember Neil Sawyer saying something about the use of 14" wheels for historic rallying? Ring any bells Chris? I don't have Neil's contact details anymore but he or Gabe O'Connel would be good people to ask about this.

You are still in touch with Neil Chris?

Malcolm.

Edited by malcolm

Thanks for the replies.

Category regulations allow the fitment of a wheel that is 2 inches greater in diameter than the largest available original fitment, so we can run a 15.

I would dearly love an even bigger wheel so before I build everything around the 15 I want to explore every option. We are ordering custom made wheels so dont really want to buy them twice if you know what I mean. I'd also love the flexibility when it comes to brake sizing that the larger wheel gives me.

If you look at page 353 in Bill Prices book it states, "Simo Lampinen and Fred Gallagher using 15 inch wheels on the1979 RAC rally". I have a picture of my own car TUD 682T with the 15 ins rims but cant up;oad it.

If you look at page 353 in Bill Prices book it states, "Simo Lampinen and Fred Gallagher using 15 inch wheels on the1979 RAC rally". I have a picture of my own car TUD 682T with the 15 ins rims but cant up;oad it.

OK great thanks. I'll dig it up and see if it satisfies the powers that be!

Should be no problem, my own car actually used 15inch wheels when driven by Per Eklund in 1979. The actual wheels used are still on the car, soon to be changed to 13inch as the 15 inch rims are only 6 inch wide.