hi there, just taken the plunge and bought a restoration project, 1981 tr7 convertible, needs quite a bit of work but hope with help from you guys will not be too painfull, soon as i have picked it up will pop a pic or two on here, and am looking forward to getting started on it, am in the south wales area so be interested to know if anyone on who local, feel free to tell me if i'm mad or whatever in my endevours, look forward to visiting here quite regularly..... probably when i break something off etc. :blink: but wish me luck.....

cheers people and thank you for the warm welcome, and so glad to hear am not alone in my madness, picking the car up tomorrow, wife off to ireland so time to bring it home admire it, make long list of work needed then to hide it, :unsure: know i'm taking major project on, already got and now selling peugeot 205 convertible, despite being a 1990 model it still wasnt quite old enough for me, maybe will se a few of you at the footman james autojumble nov 1st at shepton mallet...... :unsure: if i manage an mot by then...................

• 2 weeks later...
hi there, just taken the plunge and bought a restoration project, 1981 tr7 convertible, needs quite a bit of work but hope with help from you guys will not be too painfull, soon as i have picked it up will pop a pic or two on here, and am looking forward to getting started on it, am in the south wales area so be interested to know if anyone on who local, feel free to tell me if i'm mad or whatever in my endevours, look forward to visiting here quite regularly..... probably when i break something off etc. :blink: but wish me luck.....

Hi VNO, good luck my baby (DHC V8) is definately an ongoing going going project. but when they are running well, they are SO MUCH fun fun fun to drive either fast or just sensibly along windy country roads and you being in Wales there must be 1 or 2 of them ;)

Edited by Cheesy Lemon
Hi VNO, good luck my baby (DHC V8) is definately an ongoing going going project. but when they are running well, they are SO MUCH fun fun fun to drive either fast or just sensibly along windy country roads and you being in Wales there must be 1 or 2 of them ;)

well had it put through an mot and the fail list considering the almost two years its been off the road was not too bad, welding to floor which i knew about, another hole in boot right on the back edge and a small hole in each strut top, plus niggling things like no fog light, no door mirror, its on the passenger seat, and a few bulbs out.... so to get the car mot'd i am hoping wont take long, :blink: but i'm expecting the hard work then to start, plus i now have a peugeot 205 convertible to sell on before the wife divorces me.....

Hi,

Welcome to the joys of TR7 ownership.

Where abouts are you located. It would be worth coming along to a Ddraig Goch Group Meeting. I joined them at the start of this year and have been made to feel very welcome. They have group meetings in Morriston, and camping weekends throughout the summer, and other social events throughout the year.

I have two TR7v8's, and live in Llandysul.

Cheers Anthony Davies

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome to the Register and the bitter sweet ownership of TR 7. I wish you sweet, they are worth it. Well done for saving another.

Regards Rob.

i'm living in merthyr tydfil anthony and was thinking of popping in on a meeting of the group in the near future, went on holiday to new quay a few weeks ago and a red grinnal v8 was there with a friend in a tr6, stopped to have a chat to them and they also mentioned the group, seeing his car really inspired me to get mine looking half decent and back on the road.....

when does the group meet? and where, will have to try to get along to a meeting soon....