Just a quick note to say thanks to Malcolm for all the work he has done in the years he has been Registrar, and I for one am sorry to see him go (being partly responsible for talking him in to do the job in the first place) but fully understand his decision to stand down, and wish him all the very best for the future.

Lets have some nominations from the forum for a new registrar, after all that's how we got Malcolm to do it!

Thanks again Malcolm for all the time and effort expended to us.

Edited by CraigAddison

Hear, hear,

for my sins I helped vote Malcolm into the job in the first place, and I'm well aware of how he's plodded away through thick and thin - which includes the sort of domestic problems that might have led many of us to give up TRs altogether, let alone carry on with a Registrar's workload.

A damn good effort, well done Malcolm - and many thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers,

Alec

Guest Wayne S

Yes definately, I hope this wont mark and end to Malcolm drinking the night away at the TR International in future years either ;)

I feel its very important for whoever steps into the role moving forward that they are the sort to excite and enthuse others about all things wedge shaped. The profile of the 7s and 8s needs desperately to be raised within the club not least through more magazine content and turn out of cars at local events.

Edited by Wayne S

Just to add my couple of lines I too must thank Malcolm for alll of his hard work during his stint in the chair. We still have a very long way to go with getting the 7s & 8s accepted into the world of TRing as Wayne has mentioned.

Wishing you all the best Malcolm and to whoever take on his role.

Cheers

Ian Freeman

1979 TR8 just back from another 1500 mile jaunt around France, what a wonderful way to travel!!!

Thanks guys. I am aware that I've let you down a bit in the last couple of years. As Alec says domestic (and work) have made these the most difficult times I've ever had to face!! But I have enjoyed being your Registrar and will miss it very much. As to who is next? Well I've a couple of ideas, but lets see who sticks their head up first :lol:

Malcolm.

Malcolm,

Hope things improve for you and thanks for trying to raise the profile of the TR7 & TR8.

I fully understand how the months go by quickly and its a new deadline for the next article again.

Hope the new Registrar can keep good links with other TR7 clubs, especially the TR Drivers club.

Jim Johnson

Thanks Malcolm your reports and features that have always been helpful and well received and thanks also for all your help and enthusiasm on promoting the wedge and opening peoples eyes to what a good car it is whether 7 or 8.

Good luck for the future and we all hope everything works out well for you.

Regards Moe ;)

• 2 months later...

Tucked away on the 'contacts' page of the main Register website, none other than one Richard Connew as the new Wedgie Registrar . . . :D

A fine choice methinks, a conscientious and dedicated TR8 enthusiast . . . hopefully Richard can help to preserve the relatively modest remainder of the dwindling Wedges, before they all get scrapped and recycled into Chinese MGs.

More power to his elbow . . . and congratulations, Richard !!

Cheers,

Alec