TR7 Owners buck the trend

Well, if we don't get young people interested and involved, the Club will eventually go to that great scrapyard in the sky!   It's the astronomically high prices being asked and achieved (esp. 5s) that could be another nail in the Club's coffin.
Guest wedge fan

I remember seeing my first TR7 outside my school when I was about 8 years old.  It never crossed my mind that I could afford such a car until I came across my 1980 DHC on ebay purely by chance.  My MGB had died in a big way and I wanted a replacement classic when I happend to stumble across this.  A fantastic looking car and a convertable too for a reasonable price!  What sprung to mind was that scene from Back to the Future when the 1955 people see the Delorean after it crashes into the barn and they think it's a space craft - that was exactly my thought when I saw the TR7.

I'm definatley smitten with the TR7 now and this won't be my last one, plus it looks great with my other BL cars - now if I can just get hold of an Austin Princess...

Wedge Fan... Be careful: start thinking Austin Princess, and you might find your way on the slippery slope to that other Harris Mann creation, the Allegro. With luck, it'll still have a quartic steering wheel and faded Orange seats!  Maxwell :D

Hi Guys, I was 20 when I purchassed my first TR7. It was a 77

tin top that had been resprayed black with compomotive wheels. It looked the dogs. Unfortunatly it was written off when the then girlfriend ( now wife ) lost control on a bend and wrapped it around a tree side on. That was back in 1988.

Now in 2005 I have just purchassed my second TR7 a v8 dhc

and I still love them now as I did then. What I am trying to say is the stag has always been my dream car, but when I had the chance to buy a stag I went and got the TR7 V8 because the kid in me won. Age does not matter, its how young you feel. ( P.S I won't let her drive this one, you all know why!!!!!!)

Well the first one I bought I was 25, took it apart and got lost in the process.  Eventually parted that car out but now have a 1979 convertible(not on the road yet), a 1977 coupe v8(engine and transmission yet to be put in). At the ripe old age of 32 I figure I should be able to enjoy a summer of driving sometime before I am 40!! :D
  • 1 month later...