1973 tr6 cr1548-o / mvd 19l

Hi all. "Whatever happened to".............my car, before I bought it. Sorry for the plagiarism Les, but I couldn't think of a better way of putting it!

Any info please on our '73 TR6PI CR1548-O, Reg. MVD 19L, which I bought on Ebay July 2002.   The previous owner, a Mark Lipscombe of Maidenhead, had bought it in January 1992 from Worthing Carriage Company for £9500, and in August 1992 spent just under £6000 with Essex TR Centre, getting engine re-built and fairly extensive resto job, although not a body off.   Less than 500 miles were covered from 1993 - 1995.   1996 vehicle was professionally stored, until we brought her home a couple of weeks ago.   Now, slowly getting her ready to re-start etc..

Any info gratefully received.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

We have one entry for MVD 19L in the database prior to 92 and that was in 1985 for a Michael Wheelwright. He notes that your car was rebuilt by Classic Cars, Lilley in Beds in 1985.

Regards

Derek Graham

Thanks for that Derek, re. my last query to you (by email) about body no., once I got the plate off and polished it a bit, it turned out to read   T 3080 CR, so I would assume Classic Cars fitted a different body shell.   Is there any way of finding out what Comm. no. that body shell was originally fitted to?

Jon,

You can try Richard Brotherton at the BMIHT although I think he would be too busy to do a search for you. I will lhowever look it up on my next visit to the BMIHT which will probably be in the New Year. I was actually there last week. The commission no of the car it came off is likely to be circa CR6037-O which has body no T3079CR.

Cheers

Derek

Don't know about the chosen few however without ever having asked I believe that access to build records at the BMIHT is probably restricted to club  officials.

Club officials as opposed to the rest of us (the lumpenproletariat) is what I meant by the chosen few, not us plebs!