Does any know if there is a lubrication chart available on the internet which I could print off before Friday night. The car will be on the ramp on Saturday and I have asked the MOT man to use his grease gun. I seem to remember that there are 36 grease points but I would really like a bit of paper to show him.

Thank you.

If you look on the homepage of this site you will see downloads on the menu on the left. The last download is a, slightly confusing, service sheet for TRs.

Does any know if there is a lubrication chart available on the internet which I could print off before Friday night. The car will be on the ramp on Saturday and I have asked the MOT man to use his grease gun. I seem to remember that there are 36 grease points but I would really like a bit of paper to show him.

Thank you.

Have a look at my site in the mecanical subject : http://www.trregisterfrance.com/meca/entretien.htm

and for the pan click http://www.trregisterfrance.com/meca/entretien_schema.htm

you will find all necessary information (milage, oil type, ... and the greasing chart) ... you might have to practice a little bit your french .... but french is not necessary for the greasing chart, it's self explanatory.

Have fun

GG

The following is from memory and I'm not lying on my back under my TR3A.

There are 6 on each side up front plus the bottom of the idler arm. That makes 13 here.

There are 2 at the front and one at the rear of the driveshaft, 1 (or is it 2 ?) on the end of the clutch input cross-shaft.

There is one on the handbrake cable half way back and 1 where the rear cross cables pivot. There are some for the ends of the rear axle and 1 on most water pumps.

I think that makes it 22 up to here. Don't put too much grease in the front end of the driveshaft because the excess will only spin out and splash all inside the gearbox tunnel.

The following is from memory and I'm not lying on my back under my TR3A.

There are 6 on each side up front plus the bottom of the idler arm. That makes 13 here.

There are 2 at the front and one at the rear of the driveshaft, 1 (or is it 2 ?) on the end of the clutch input cross-shaft.

There is one on the handbrake cable half way back and 1 where the rear cross cables pivot. There are some for the ends of the rear axle and 1 on most water pumps.

I think that makes it 22 up to here. Don't put too much grease in the front end of the driveshaft because the excess will only spin out and splash all inside the gearbox tunnel.

Same applies to water pump one, dont put too much in those or it will be all round the front of the engine compartment.

Stuart.

• 13 years later...

Remember that US gallons are smaller than Imperial gallons, so don't over-fill when undertaking oil changes.

I believe that the US foot is the same as an Imperial foot, and that they have 12 inches to a foot, but I have never checked!

Some years ago, having received permission from Castrol,. I supplied the Office with copies of both the TR2/3 and the TR4/4A Castrol lubrication charts, and copies of the TR4/4A version were on sale in 2011 when we held the TR4@50 celebration at the IWE.

Ian Cornish

You mucky so and so, James. 

Mine is still as good as the day that Castrol sent it to me some 50 years ago!  And mine was used as the Master for the copies sold at TR4@50 because Castrol could not find an original!

Ian Cornish

7 hours ago, ianc said:

Remember that US gallons are smaller than Imperial gallons, so don't over-fill when undertaking oil changes.

I believe that the US foot is the same as an Imperial foot, and that they have 12 inches to a foot, but I have never checked!

Some years ago, having received permission from Castrol,. I supplied the Office with copies of both the TR2/3 and the TR4/4A Castrol lubrication charts, and copies of the TR4/4A version were on sale in 2011 when we held the TR4@50 celebration at the IWE.

Ian Cornish

I'm Canajun.  British born which explains my aberrant automobile behaviour.  We deal with both Imperial and Metric due to our proximity to our big brother next door who is a terrific neighbour.  And a long time ago on a planet far away I had my Private Pilot licence so 6.6lbs per US gallon is ingrained in my head.