Weber setup?

I am embarking on the process of tuning my US import TR6. I have a UK head with the wider inlet ports, stage 2 tuned and a stage 2 fast road cam. I have just bought a set of triple webers and need to get a base setup for the jets, chokes and emulsion tubes. Can anyone suggest a suitable base setup to get me started so that I can drive it to someone with a rolling road anywhere near Norfolk?

Chokes 28 or 30

F11 or F16 tubes

125 mains / 170 airs

50F9 or 55F8 or 60F11 idles

40 or 45 pumps

175 float valves

Make sure floats are set by the book method to 15mm / 8.5mm

This will get it going. Let us know what it ends up with!

Edited by Tom Fremont
It would help to know what webbers you have bought

<_<

Picky, picky ;) But i think you misread - he has Webers. Webbers are a rare breed indeed :P

John

That was a bit uncalled for John. I didn't see too much wrong with ntc's question. If we get sarky each time someone spells webers wrong or anything else for that matter, then I won't be logging on.

Wyn

That was a bit uncalled for John. I didn't see too much wrong with ntc's question. If we get sarky each time someone spells webers wrong or anything else for that matter, then I won't be logging on.

Wyn

Thank's for that Wyn

We are not all perfect if this carries on i won't log on either.

Regards

Neil

Oh come on chaps, for chrissake, it's not a playground, nor a training pitch for big girls' blouses spatting at each other . . .

Never heard of the dyslexic engineer ? Some of the best engineers I've met can't spell for toffee, it almost seems to go with the territory. My son Tom can't spell either, good engineer though he is, and I certainly wouldn't advise taking the mick out of his spelling !

But that's not an excuse for throwing toys out of the pram . . .

Cheers,

Alec

Alec, I almost always agree with your postings but in the case I was waiting for your comments kind of knowing what was to come. No one has chucked any toys out of the pram, just a comment when it was called for. When I said I would not log on, it was mainly because my spelling is not my strong point and with no aid of a spell check I could do without the sarcasm. I didn't think it was fair to have a go at ntc when all he asked for was more information so that he could assist, perhaps he could have asked in a better way. I know Neil, he's a very successful businessman who can look after himself, but he'd be the first to admit that spelling and grammer may not be his strong point, but we can't be good at everything. He's aware that perhaps it's not put in writing the way he would like and then for me to read a comment like 'Webbers are are rare breed indeed' really annoyed me, had it been made clear that it was spelt incorrectly, there would be no problem, but to make a joke of it is not on in my view and I'm quite happy to stand up for what I think is right.

Was it you Alec who suggested 'throwing toys out of the pram' was uncalled for?

Sorry Alec, you've been good to me, mainly off the forum but I'm a bit annoyed about this, if people sometimes disagree, it's wrong that someone else has to get involved and add fuel to fire. We're all big boys and can look after ourselves. John may well have made the comment as a light hearted joke, but I doubt Neil would accept it as such. End of story as far as I'm concerned unless someone else wants to prolong the matter.

Wyn

The way I see it, the internet has made webbers out of all of us -_-

Sorry to have caused such a furore, the question seems quite fair to me, I should have been more precise. My Webers are DCOE 40s "TIPO 40 DCOE 2" No. 0C.

My spelling aint too hot either but I hope my car will be if I can get it set up properly!

Weber, Webber, Wibber, Wobber, Webbor, Wubber, Veber, Vebber, Vayber, spell it and pronounce it how you damn well please, or as a tuning mate of mine refers to 'em Darth Bloody Vaders (I'm inclined to agree :rolleyes: ) - we all know what's meant . . .

And the whole spelling issue is a bluddi nomsench

So Wyn, I'd vote it's time for a beer, or a glass of wine ;)

Before we all start going on about Dellortos as well :P

Cheers,

Alec

Sorry, just removed a version of this reply which was unnecessarily smart-arsed.

First, I apologise for giving offence. None was intended, just a light-hearted poke in the ribs.

In my defence, here is what I meant, stripped of its attempted humour. It's pompous, but I hope it's clear:

"Dear Neil,

I feel your reply contained an implied criticism that, by omitting to describe his Weber setup, Quark failed to properly formulate his question. Quark is a newcomer to this forum (7th post, joined March this year), and it's easy to put off newcomers. You could have sought the missing information with no risk of perceived criticism by asking a simple question. I feel that would have been kinder, and it is hard on the Internet to know how one's written word is received. I personally would have felt somewhat put down by the tone of your reply; I cannot of course speak for Quark. As a reminder that nobody is perfect may I point out that, even though Quark spelled "Weber" correctly in the post to which you replied, you did not.

Kind regards,

John"

And I do understand the irony in my words "it is hard on the Internet to know how one's written word is received", and "nobody is perfect"! I thought my reply achieved its end briefly and with humour. I was wrong - well not about the brevity. I still prefer the first version...

I for one will not stop posting. Nor will I stop poking fun. But I will apologise if my tone gives offence. Mind you, I'm pretty disappointed at the threshold level.

Incidentally, in reply to Quark's original question on Weber setup, I find that four burners work pretty well - two under the hot plate, and two under the grille. I don't know where the chokes are, but chooks are great when roasted on the rotisserie. I'm pretty sure I only need to change the jets if I change the type of gas. Oh, and if I get any emulsion on the thing it stinks when next I fire it up. I do hope this helps.

Cheers,

John

Edited by JohnC

Cheer up chaps, things could be worse . . .

Here I am, just down the road from Stonehenge, Midsummer's Eve and all that . . . and it's damn chilly, solid cloud, steady rain, and about as much chance of seeing the sun rise over the old stones as of seeing a squadron of Wiltshire Porkers breaking the sound barrier at 500 feet.

Now there's a good reason for throwing my toys out of the pram !! :angry:

Cheers,

Alec

:angry:

A message from the dyslexic one there is,

First of all thank you for all the pm’s you have sent regarding the insult

Quark

If you pm me I will give the response you actually asked for. Tom’s guide will get the car to run

John

Probably my spelling or the cordless keyboard or the fact I had been talking to my daughter about your fellow countryman in F1. I don’t give a toss.

I will not stop posting on the forum as I wish to help other tr owner’s as they do me

Please keep your sarcasm and your kind of humour your side of the world if you

can not then don’t post at all. As Alec would say if we met face to face I would

learn you some Yorkshire language and a bit more maybe. Let’s let this drop as it does no good for the forum at all. This post was typed single fingered and without

a spell checker I am not a bloody secretary

Regard’s

Neil

:P

I am embarking on the process of tuning my US import TR6. I have a UK head with the wider inlet ports, stage 2 tuned and a stage 2 fast road cam. I have just bought a set of triple webers and need to get a base setup for the jets, chokes and emulsion tubes. Can anyone suggest a suitable base setup to get me started so that I can drive it to someone with a rolling road anywhere near Norfolk?

hi Quark...as you can see you get a lot of advice here....not always the answer to what you may be seeking though.... Does anyone know of a rolling road in Norfolk? .....I'd like to visit one too....RPi Engineering in Horsford (North of Norwich) use one a lot but not sure if it's their own or not? http://www.v8engines.com/

john

Edited by johnny250
hi Quark...as you can see you get a lot of advice here....not always the answer to what you may be seeking though.... Does anyone know of a rolling road in Norfolk? .....I'd like to visit one too....RPi Engineering in Horsford (North of Norwich) use one a lot but not sure if it's their own or not? http://www.v8engines.com/

john

If you are ok for a 2 hour drive from you the best rolling road man for a tr is Dennis Vessey he does all of racetorations cars and mine

Regard's

Neil

Edited by ntc
If you are ok for a 2 hour drive from you the best rolling road man for a tr is Dennis Vessey he does all of racetorations cars and mine

Regard's

Neil

Dennis Vessey does not set up all racestorations engines, some of them now go up to Motorscope at North Allerton as does Joe Hendersons TR6, which is the place to be for TR's, but it is a long drive from Norfolk.

Neil Collingwood