Who's going to mallory

Guest Melco

Guest Melco

In an attempt to generate more interest:-

Which cometitors are planing to go to Mallory, July 14th?

What car/class do they race in?

Who's going to pit crew?

Who's going to watch?

Anyone volunteer to set up a TR register flag in their pit as a point of contact.

Can people set up another topic with feedback from their race attendance please.

If you know a competitor who doesn't access the web site can you find out the answers and reply please.

Guest Richy_Rich

I am, although I race a Spitfire *ahem*.  Mrs_Richy_Rich won't let me race the TR-2, but I'm working on it.

As far as I know there will be a good turn out, as most of the cars that went to America for the 50th Anniversary race at Mid-Ohio are back now (albeit in various states of disrepair).  Out of interest the British boys came 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th.

(try = http://WWW.TR7V8-RACING.CO.UK for details)

Unfortunately I don't have a TR Register Flag, but the Triumphs generally tend to congregate in the same part of the paddock, anyone planning to turn up pop along and say hello, you'd be made most welcome.

Guest andrew

I would also go, but like Melco I'm going to Goodwood. I will be testing my TR7 at Mallory Park on 30th July. So if anyone fancies coming down to watch or run your car drop me a line. The track day is £130 for a full day! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Richy_Rich

I would hope that you aren't the only one there.  We've a large grid (something like 25 Triumphs) so it would be shame to miss it.

If you can't find any other Triumph owners, there'll be at least 25 in the paddock, come and say hello.

An excellent day out in the fine Midlands sunshine, and an enjoyable day's racing (for the spectators at least).  It is rather late now but I will post further, including a link to the photos snapped on the day (race and paddock).

I have also snapped AVIs of the start and first corner of each race but beware if you (like me) are doing this over telephone lines it will be a bit of a chore to download them.

Links to come soon, good night!

Guest Richy_Rich

I had an excellent day, my class (A) only had 3 cars entered and I qualified 2nd of the three.

The car on pole broke down on the green flag lap, effectively moving me up a place (woo), the race itself was very eventfull for us, with me and the other class A spitfire passing each other several times in a dice to the end, unfortunately on about the 2nd to last lap with me leading the class I missed a gear (for the 2nd time) going into the hairpin and let the other chap past, by the time I'd caught up again they were waving the chequered flag (######), so I didn't win - but had a very close and enjoyable race.

Best bit of the day for me was overtaking on the outside line around Gerrards, scary stuff, but great fun.

When I get around to it I'll be putting the full details and pics etc. on my website www.richyrichracing.com

I'm glad you enjoyed it Malcom, isn't Graham Millers TR7-V8 fast?  I usually see that in my rear view mirror, oooh, 2 or 3 times a race ;)

Richy

I shall come to a few more races this season and hopefully meet you in the paddock.  The chaps I did meet were very friendly and informative.  A large gallery from the day at Mallory including a few video clips will be on my website tonight!

Richy, I was sat by Gerrards for most of the day and saw a lot of action including your battle.

To any sceptics I would say: practice, nine exciting races and entry to the paddock.  A tenner for the day.  Value for money or what?

I've put a large gallery of pictures from Mallory Park at the weekend on my Website for all to see.

Hardly any pictures of the TRs actually racing though I'm afraid.  I got carried away watching and forgot to use the camera!