Le mans 2003

Guest Jon Nolan

Dear All,

I have contacted Jonathan at Continental Car Tours and have enquired about another anniversary run to Le Mans for the Peerless Register. The race will be held on the weekend of the 14th & 15th June 2003 so book it in your diary now ! A similar trip will be organised as to the one in 1998.  Cars will travel to the continent on the Eurotunnel and take a leisurely drive down to Rouen for a refreshing mid way stop ! There appears to be some confusion as to whether the French authorities are going to allow us to camp, but if not, I am told nearby campsites will be booked in plenty of time.

No price can as yet be confirmed but I would guess it will be in the region of £250 per person for the 5-day trip. It will include...

Return tickets on the Eurotunnel

2 nights accommodation in Rouen (1 on the way & 1 on the way back )

All Entry Tickets for Le Mans

All Camping fees (either on circuit or elsewhere)

So get that Peerless/Warwick roadworthy (it dosen't have to be finished ! ) and get ready for another Fantastic Peerless Party !

lemans_poster58.gif

I should have my Reliant Regal back on the road by then, count me in.  :0

Do you mean there may be no camping in the grounds next year, the likes of Houx Annex etc. or am i getting confused?

Guest Jon Nolan

Well Bollox to you too ELMO ! s'pose you drive one of them common as muck Peerless donor cars eh!

But yes for your info, camping in the Houx Annex was just cancelled last year with very little explanation ! It has been booked again this year (for next year) but can we trust them this time ?

Your guess is as good as mine. Talk to Continental Car Tours, they are very helpful and actually deserve to be on the recommended suppliers list. :angry:

I camped in Houx Annex this year, much of it had been reserved though by the Porsche club who took up a large chunk of the camping area, I wasn't aware of any moves to stop camping here, let's hope the powers that be see sense & not change anything.