1967 TR4A GGR 77E

I owned a 1967 white TR4A from 1973 to 1977. The engine was modified somewhat and it had wolferace wheels on it when I sold it to a friend. He owned it until 1980'ish when I think he sold it TRBitz.

It is still registered with DVLA but is now blue. Does anybody know the whereabouts of this car, as I have some photos and information which I could pass on to the present owner.

Graeme

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know the whereabouts Of GGR 77 E now, but I can fill in a bit of it's past history for you. I bought the sad remnants of the car in 1992, from Darryl at Racetorations. Generally it was in a poor state, with a tatty body and chassis and all it's other bits in several tea chests and boxes. I spent a good 3 months wondering why the heck I'd bought such a heap of junk and even tried to sell it on, but had no takers! I therefore launched into a rebuild that lasted until Sept. '93. I was responsible for the colour change from white (and rust!) to Ford Pacific Blue. with a black hood and a white tonneau. I put it back on the road for a few weeks using a pair of Strombergs to 'de-bug' the car generally, then spent winter 93 modifying the car, putting it back on the road that Spring. The engine had o/size liners in it (88mm I think) and Powermax pistons when I stripped it. I added a 777 cam, an oil cooler, a Kenlowe fan, a tubular ex. manifold and Sport exhaust, together with a pair of twin choke Del'ortto 40's (ex Alfa Romeo, suitably modified) and full polybushed suspension with rear Spax teles. A later addition was an A type overdrive and gearbox from a Triumph 2000, also Minilite-type alloys.

I ran the car for some 12K miles, with excellent reliability, took it to Le Mans twice and at least 2 other trips to France. It was a very capable car and could easily stay with a TR6. I finally sold it in early '98 to a chap in Hull. I also know that it passed through D.T. Mathewson's of Thornton le Dale about 6 or7 years back.

• 2 weeks later...

Roger

Thanks for responding and giving me some history on the car. I am not surprised it was a mess, as it was in very poor condition when I sold it in 1977. I fitted the Powermax pistons and liners along with many SAH parts, camshaft, lightened flywheel, manifold etc.

Thanks for restoring it in 93. Wonder where it is now?

Regards

Graeme

Edited by graeme