Cameron - looks like the black rubber boot is missing from your solenoid , think they all look similar under it - I took one off out of nosyness . Take it you have spoken to Steve re your box? If your solenoid is goosed give me a phone I have a few spares in the garage - I am sure 1 of them will be ok to use.

Cameron. as noted by Scotty it just looks like the boot is missing from the solenoid however I'm not so sure about the rest of your overdrive or its source. The list that I have doesn't include the numbers that you have quoted. The normal TR A type o'drive should look like the attached image.

regards

Derek

Camerone , as is to be expected - Dereks photo is spot on . The bit which your solenoid is on looks like the bit on one of my spare boxes from 2.5 saloons although the solenoid goes in at a different angle on those cars . as you have the cover off find the serial number on the box and ask Steve - he will tell you where it comes from - I cant find my list at the moment . My car also had O/D from new - but not the box in it just now - so yours may be similar .

Cameron - looks like the black rubber boot is missing from your solenoid , think they all look similar under it - I took one off out of nosyness . Take it you have spoken to Steve re your box? If your solenoid is goosed give me a phone I have a few spares in the garage - I am sure 1 of them will be ok to use.

Hi Scotty

Thats the old solenoid that was seized on, I took the photo before I removed it fully, I have a couple of spares thanks. I fitted another this afternoon and all seem fine. The reason for the photo was to show the area under the solenoid which as you can see is covered with a plate not like the standard TR6 A type plus the 28% rather than 22%, is this from a 2000 or a stag. As I understand it the solenoid sits at a 45 degrees on 2000 overdrives, so where has this one come from?

Cameron

Camerone , as is to be expected - Dereks photo is spot on . The bit which your solenoid is on looks like the bit on one of my spare boxes from 2.5 saloons although the solenoid goes in at a different angle on those cars . as you have the cover off find the serial number on the box and ask Steve - he will tell you where it comes from - I cant find my list at the moment . My car also had O/D from new - but not the box in it just now - so yours may be similar .

Hi Scotty

Have spoken to Steve and sent him the photo, he can't understand it and the number from the box isn't on his list. Maybe someone just adapted this unit so the plate would protect this area. Problem is when I loosened off the bolts there was about 20mls of Malverns finest water in there!!

Cameron

Hi All

My overdrive packed up and I eventually go round to removing the gearbox cover to sort out the solenoid, and as I suspected the shaft was seized in the body. This I thing is due to water getting in during that lovely summer trip to Malvern last year. That was easy enough however as you can see from the attached photo, this is no ordinary OD, has anyone seen this type before, my car did leave the factory with OD and I have the history on this car from day one, but there is no mention of a change. The OD number is 28/3322/002238 as you can see its a 28% OD, any thought.

All the Best

Cameronpost-916-1204385881_thumb.jpg

I HAVE A SPARE BOX THE SAME AS THIS ONE BUT SORRY DONT KNOW WHATS IT OUT OF MAYBE A 5 OR 4????????

Cameron. as noted by Scotty it just looks like the boot is missing from the solenoid however I'm not so sure about the rest of your overdrive or its source. The list that I have doesn't include the numbers that you have quoted. The normal TR A type o'drive should look like the attached image.

regards

Derek

Hi Derek

What a nice clean overdrive. I'm not sure what's been done here, but it's working fine and having the 28% is rather handy.

Thanks

Cameron