Correct location for the ignition key

My ignition key sits under the steering wheel. From what i've seen in the manual it should be just under the dash on the right hand side where the blower etc is. However, there is no hole for it there! Did triumph change the location on later models. Mine's an early UK type. Can anyone confirm.

My ignition key sits under the steering wheel. From what i've seen in the manual it should be just under the dash on the right hand side where the blower etc is. However, there is no hole for it there! Did triumph change the location on later models. Mine's an early UK type. Can anyone confirm.

mine is also in the same place as yours and may i say a little fiddley to get key into.

Hi

Early TR6's had the ign key in the centre dash as in my 1970 car."pic"

And there was no steering lock fitted!

They changed around 1971 to under the column fitting and incorporated a steering lock,And yep they can be fiddly and get in the way of your knee! :blink:

You could always reverse engineer it back to where I think it should be! :P

IMAG0137.jpg

Hi

Early TR6's had the ign key in the centre dash as in my 1970 car."pic"

And there was no steering lock fitted!

They changed around 1971 to under the column fitting and incorporated a steering lock,And yep they can be fiddly and get in the way of your knee! :blink:

You could always reverse engineer it back to where I think it should be! :P

IMAG0137.jpg

I think your right,is that a new type of electric seat or maybe electric chair :lol::lol::lol:

Mine is a '71 and the ignition is the same as yours - under the column with a steering lock. It is fiddly, but you get used to it!.

Pilkie - I have an aftermarket electrical setup similar to yours but mine's blue - same thing happens - pull it and something pops up!

Roger (Pogo)

It depends on the comission number. The change for switch plinth to column mounting occured at CP52786 in early 1971.