Wire wheels for TR7

Hi Guys

I have a French friend with a TR7. He would like to put wire wheels on it, anyone tried this or know where to go? I have seen that Rimmer Bros do a conversion set, but is there anyone else as well. Always best to compare prices, etc!

regards

Clive

Hi Clive. This is not a common conversion as most of us consider wire wheels to be out of place on a 1970s / 80s sportscar. S&S preparations do list them too though at £815 for a set of 5 with all the necessary bits. I can't find anything on Robsport's web site, but it would be worth giving them a ring too I suspect.

Cheers

Malcolm.

Hello Clive,

it is a decision to ponder on carefully, in my view. They are weaker than solid wheels, require more maintenance, tubes in the tyres (although some new wire wheels are tubeless), but worse of all they are a real pain to clean properly.

I do know that there are bolt on wire wheels available, try www.mws.co.uk

Alec