scuttle woodwork

Under the front edge of the scuttle on my car is a very shaped and formed wooden rib made up of 3 seperate bits, screwed together. I guess it helps provide shape and rigidity to the scuttle, and various attachment points.

In searching the Moss catalogue etc I havn't been able to find a reference to the part/s. hence I don't know what its name is. Would anyone have a broken one with a good LHS piece that they are interested in selling .

Any help appreciated to locate a replacement.

Edited by kiwi-jim
Under the front edge of the scuttle on my car is a very shaped and formed wooden rib made up of 3 seperate bits, screwed together. I guess it helps provide shape and rigidity to the scuttle, and various attachment points.

In searching the Moss catalogue etc I havn't been able to find a reference to the part/s. hence I don't know what its name is. Would anyone have a broken one with a good LHS piece that they are interested in selling .

Any help appreciated to locate a replacement.

I didn't find any scuttle wood work on my car, although mine is a 3A. Perhaps you can post a pic. for more info.

Menno

Jim I dont think they have been available for years as were the door top wood sections. Luckily the door ones are now being remade by one of our members in America. It would probably be wort an email to either TR Bitz ( info@trbitz.com )TRGB ( trgbltd@btconnect.com ) or TR Shop ( trshoplondon@aol.com ) as they may well have a good second hand one.

Stuart.

(Menno your 3a doesnt have them as they changed the scuttle on the later cars and it has a pressed reinforcing rib instead.)

When I restored my TR3A with the wooden skuttle top, the wood was broken in several places and the wood was starting to shred in some places. Where I could, I glued it and screwed it back together again. Elsewhere I had to make new pieces from hardwood, as per the original bits. If you have one, maybe you could have a wood-worker make you what you need locally.

Thanks guys, Dave I'll send you a pm to obtain the contact details Thanks