5.5 or 6j x 15", 4 stud Chrome Rostyles

HI ALL.

Has anybody fitted a proper set of Chrome Rostyles to their TR4/5/250/6??

They would have to be 5.5 or 6j x 15"!! 4 stud!

What model cars,UK or USA made, if any, had these fitted?

Dave

HI ALL.

Has anybody fitted a proper set of Chrome Rostyles to their TR4/5/250/6??

They would have to be 5.5 or 6j x 15"!! 4 stud!

What model cars,UK or USA made, if any, had these fitted?

Dave

Hi Dave

I have done quite a bit of research into this matter and have to say if you want to fit "proper" Rostyle wheels, that is the ones with the five "vanes" on them then the only way is to use Jenson Interceptor items in the 6" x 15" size but these were only available in 5 stud pattern.

Closest was the MGB item in 4 stud pattern but these only had the 4 vane pattern and frankly do not look as good.

Therefore if you want to use Jenson 6" units you would have to change your hub units too and this would be very expensive indeed.

Send me a pm if you want further details on this matter.

Alan

X755

Hi Dave,

Just off the top of my head (very dangerous!) and with no research done....but what about the Rover P5B. Alan, perhaps you have looked into these. They should be pretty large diameter and maybe similar stud pattern.

This is my edit: Oops, I've just noticed Dave's piccy of a P6 in his signature, so maybe he has already looked into P5B.

Just a thought

Ray

Edited by raydrink
Hi Dave,

Just off the top of my head (very dangerous!) and with no research done....but what about the Rover P5B. Alan, perhaps you have looked into these. They should be pretty large diameter and maybe similar stud pattern.

This is my edit: Oops, I've just noticed Dave's piccy of a P6 in his signature, so maybe he has already looked into P5B.

Just a thought

Ray

Hi Ray.

Yep!! I have checked! P5B are 5 stud 15" .

Quite a few P6 owners retro fit them, as the original 14" ones like ive got are quite rare!

Alan.

I am looking into the possibility of using rover p6 wheel hubs,as the rear drive set up is similar to Tr5/6! And the fronts look very similar as well

Dave

Edited by PILKIE

Hi

I believe that Southwick in the USA do a 5 stud hub conversion for racing and this takes the Pover P5B wheels ...... expensive, but utterly up to the job. If its the same one Im thinking of a lot of the TR5 TR6 racers use them. In fact talk to Alan about custom UK jobs at vast cost .... he may know something ......!

My 4 stud Southwick stuff is beautifully engineered and allows me to keep 4 wheels on the car at all times .........

Tony