Tour of Cheshire

Hi All

Entries now open for the ToC, I think we have a team of 3 TR4's lined up with Jon & Richard in 7VC, David and David in their green TR4 and John Kiff and I in the ex works car 3VC.

As usual proper rally celebs from Ecurie Cod Fillet will be in attendance, Marshalling and dishing out good cheer so if you want to meet some of the guys that sat in TR's for the 'works' this is a great opportunity. New awards this year to commemorate the life of Mike Sutcliff, John Hopwood and others so entirely the right place to be.

This year I believe that we have a special test in Swynnerton Camp as we have enjoyed on the rally of the tests ...... of you want to see and ex works TR4 at full chat you know where John K and I will be !

Hope to see you there and if youre marshalling, thanks in advance. It would be no fun without you.

Regards

Tony

John

When is it?

...and any opportunities to spectate?

Regards

Peter

See this link: I'm local like yourself and always look forward to it: http://www.tourofcheshire.co.uk/

Looking forward to a chance of seeing the works cars in the flesh, so to speak. Doesn't look like we'll get much chance to see them at full go according to the website! Might have to marshall for a chance there.

Hi

Take a look at the website, but as far as im aware we're in closed venues mostly (more pace and vigour possible !) ...... the best way to get in is to Marshall on the event. No experience required as you always get paired up with an experienced and the competitors think that YOU are the stars of the show. Youre also eligible for the Marshalls awards and you get to meet the Luminaries and VIP's .... which believe me on the ToC is really worth doing.

Hope to see you there.

Regards

Tony

Hi

Had an email from the organisers on the above;

The position is NO spectators are allowed in the Private Ground Tests and if people wish to see the action they must contact the Chief Marshal direct.

If they wish to learn a bit more about ECF, they can simply click on the Ecurie Cod Fillet logo which then takes them to an ECF page on Don Barrow's website.

The organisers would also require a few more entries, if poss. as a full field is much more fun!

This is a great rally, and certainly one of the best of the year. Great for a TR and I believe that a lot of effort has gone into this years lineup. Go on, make your day.

Regards

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I have spoken to the organisers and volunteered to marshal on the event. It all seems very civilised, timewise for the part they have asked us to do. We need to be there at about 11.30 - 12.00 (midday) and should be done by @5.30pm. We will be doing our bit at Swynnerton MOD depot (Just North of Stafford) - maintaining a chicane so no great hardship there and we should have a ringside seat to watch the event. The swynnereton part of the event will involve @18 miles of competitive mileage!

I'm told that they have sufficient marshals assuming they all turn up, however when I said that more from the Register may wish to help, the chief marshal said he would accomodate a few more if anyone else from our club wished to marshal.

I only know of two of us at the moment so if you are interested (or already going) let us know.

Regards

Chris By the way... the event is on SATURDAY 8th March.........

Edited by Chris Mountford
Hi All

I have spoken to the organisers and volunteered to marshal on the event. It all seems very civilised, timewise for the part they have asked us to do. We need to be there at about 11.30 - 12.00 (midday) and should be done by @5.30pm. We will be doing our bit at Swynnerton MOD depot (Just North of Stafford) - maintaining a chicane so no great hardship there and we should have a ringside seat to watch the event. The swynnereton part of the event will involve @18 miles of competitive mileage!

I'm told that they have sufficient marshals assuming they all turn up, however when I said that more from the Register may wish to help, the chief marshal said he would accomodate a few more if anyone else from our club wished to marshal.

I only know of two of us at the moment so if you are interested (or already going) let us know.

Regards

Chris By the way... the event is on SATURDAY 8th March.........

Well best of luck to you all. I've been informed that I have domestic duties next weekend and she's a mean hand with the rolling pin if I don't comply <_< !