You should buy a sailing boat too! The ladies interested in sailing aren't bothered with 'too cold, too windy...' These are the girls interested in a TR. You've been fishing in the wrong pond!

Menno

My 3A is 50 years old the 11th November, my boat is 73 years old in January _ I'm still not having a lot of luck !!

james

My 3A is 50 years old the 11th November, my boat is 73 years old in January _ I'm still not having a lot of luck !!

james

James,

You must be kidding! My car is 50 on November 12th! And... a 50 yrs old TR and a 73 yrs old boat... You must have a lot of time on your hands! In Dutch there's a saying 'Koop een boot en werk je dood' ( a humouristic rhym saying that buying a boat means working until you die...)

I met my wife during a RYA Yachtmaster course. So, 'too cold, too windy' isn't really an issue. (She sailed the Atlantic instructing people who wanted to learn how to cross the ocean). But my wife isn't fond of 'small old, smelly cars' at all. In my defense, I always tell her that I've never seen a diesel engine on a yacht that isn't grubby and smelly :lol:

Menno

Anyway, I would like to see a pic of your car (with some additional info - just PM me)

Menno

"Harde werk nicks verdienen" (Hard work deserves you nothing) is what my father always said. Kind of applies to TRs as well. I'll never make back my investment, but someday (when I'm done with the restoration I'll enjoy the ride far more than any "ricer" and do not think when that car is fifty many young people will be looking to restore one, but a 100 year old TR would still be on the list for those who might be able to afford them, if we can keep them going.

Regards

Paul

You should buy a sailing boat too! The ladies interested in sailing aren't bothered with 'too cold, too windy...' These are the girls interested in a TR. You've been fishing in the wrong pond!

Menno

I've actually got a sailing boat as well. At the moment it's a toss up which is costing me the most, the TR or the boat, at least I can sleep on the boat. A few of the girls have expressed an interest in coming down to the boat to see my nautical etchings lol.

Mychael