RDP 613G TR6

Nick, only information that I have in the records is that it was report as stolen in TRaction 44. That must have been in the early eighties.

cheers

Derek

Hi derek ,thanks for that,i meet a trader at stoneleigh in feb and he has phoned me with this car for sale,i will get a hpi check done regards nick.

Nick,

As it is HPI clear then there are no other checks necessary other than the normal pre-purchase. If you are not familiar with the TR6 I would make sure that you take someone along with you who does know what to look for and if you are really serious about buying it have an RAC or similar check carried out. It does appear that RDP was last on the road in 1987 according to the DVLA database so it will need a good going over. http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

regards

Derek

Hi

If a car was reported stolen in the 80's, and has been effectively stashed away, "missing" for 20yrs. It may no longer be on record with HPI!! It could technically still belong to the insurance company who paid out for its loss!!

I would want to do some more serious investigations before buying it, as if it were still listed somewhere as stolen,if you were stopped by the police and checked out, you could loose all claim to it and your purchase money!!

Ask your local copper to check it out for you. Try to talk to the owner who had it stolen,find out the insurance company he was with!!

Good luck!!

Edited by PILKIE

Nick,

Further to Dave's warning I have attached the original "stolen" report from TRaction 44. It turns out that this was the winter 1980 edition of TRaction so it may well be that the car was recovered as the DVLA record states 1987 as the date when the next tax was due.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Derek

Nick,

Further to Dave's warning I have attached the original "stolen" report from TRaction 44. It turns out that this was the winter 1980 edition of TRaction so it may well be that the car was recovered as the DVLA record states 1987 as the date when the next tax was due.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Derek

Aparently there is still a Muff living at that address, perhaps they know if the car was recovered ?

M.F Muff Tel: (01603) 453417

3 Daniels Rd, Norwich, NR4 6QY

Hi all,good news the car is all clear at hpi,is there any other checks i could do,regards nick.

Hope it all turns out ok now you know its all ok after talking to the old owner.

Talk to somewone local to you "where are you??" in the register who doesnt mind having a look with you,better safe with 2 pairs of eyes

Hope it all turns out ok now you know its all ok after talking to the old owner.

Talk to somewone local to you "where are you??" in the register who doesnt mind having a look with you,better safe with 2 pairs of eyes

Thanks pilkie but you could have 25 pairs of eyes,the car needs full restoration iam afraid,i might buy it ,i will let you know ,regards nick.

Thanks pilkie but you could have 25 pairs of eyes,the car needs full restoration iam afraid,i might buy it ,i will let you know ,regards nick.

Depending on whats wrong you will probably need well over £7k just to restore it,and thats with doing a lot of the work yourself!! eng £2k,box £1k,paint £2-3k,trim £1k,body/chassis parts/repair £????

Price up the work needed before you buy it,as there are lots of pretty sound cars out there for £6-7k that only need relatively minor work!

Depends what you want from it,or are prepared to do to it when all said and done!!

Concourse or excellent!! It aint cheap!! A rotten,mechanicaly knackered 6 is a money pit!!!

Not all cars can be saved,some have to retire and donate their parts to help those still on the road.

Good luck,enjoy,have fun!!

So!!,if you expect the worst it can only get better!!! :lol::P

Edited by PILKIE