Lack of interest in racing

Unfortunately, with such a wide performance range (both cars and drivers), most of the die-hard experienced racers will probably not risk it.

If true, that is a very disappointing attitude, a prejudice that has killed the TRR/TSSC Championship.

I can tell you that every Spitfire driver is dead keen to get in!

So if that leads to others drawing aside the hem of their garment, that is their loss.

However, this is an 'Invitation' race, so the question is NOT who wants to race, but who Jigsaw will invite!

Many may call but few will be chosen!

John

:unsure: OK Guys This is a club for Sports cars, frankly all I hear is wingeing and a total lack of interest in anything sporting. Except the current cover of TRAction which is frankly tastless to the extreme. I think I can understand the drop in membership. It's called total apathy!

I have known the Old Farts for over 30 years - yes you know who I am. I want to go racing - the kids have grown up, freedom at last. But where is the support ?

There is no Championship - that's been buggered by allowing overmodification. Hillclimbs and Sprints will no doubt go the same way. Met a seriously p...d off member of the TSSC tonight. Read his comments on the TSSC forum if you dare. :angry:

Just to let you know,,there`s gonna be a great weekend of racing on the last weekend of May at Brands, its the Historic motorsport festival, i`m taking a group of around 10 TR`s there as an exhibit trackside, why dont some of the "old farts " come along !! give those cars an airing.....

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out an influx of even more TR's to the Thoroughbreds this year (Mike Hughes for one), but of more pressing interest Mark Campbell from the CSCC in Joe Hendo's Old 5 (fully rebuiltsince sold to Petchy and the hardlife it had with him!). Mike H and me are really going to have to raise our game, looking at the lap speeds Mark is doing in the CSCC in the 5 we will have to dig deep.

Bring it on though.................. ;)